Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very cheap strings - if that's what you like ;-(

KiOgon

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWER-BASS-STRINGS-LONG-SCALE-COMPATABLE-PRECISION-JAZZ-/390362457058?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5ae36a63e2#ht_1287wt_934"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWER-BASS-STRINGS-LONG-SCALE-COMPATABLE-PRECISION-JAZZ-/390362457058?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5ae36a63e2#ht_1287wt_934[/url]

I don't use rounds but maybe some will try these cheapo's?

Probably the same as most of the generic Alice, Castle, Johnny Brook, Cheetah etc ones, you can get them for around £4-£5 a set off eBay.

I've bought quite a few sets of the Alice and Castle branded ones from a Crack Converters clearout (about £2.50 a set!), getting to the end of them now and not had a single bad one. Take ages to calm down and always sound like cheap strings but they're more than usable once they do, miles too zingy for my liking out of the box though. I've had a set on my Aria for ages and they sound pretty good now, more than enough for an around-the-house bass or a backup.

[b]Best budget strings I've used are Legacy - £7.95 a set from Strings Direct.[/b]
[b]Apparently they are rebranded Rotosound Roto bass nicklewounds (usually retail around £14 mark).[/b]
[b]I don't normally like Rotos, but these are great quality and value for money. I started using them on my spare[/b]
[b]bass but now use them on my main one too. They last a good while, and keep their tone well.[/b]