Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* NYC Sadowsky Standard 5 stringer (ash, maple, ebony 7.85lbs !!) *SOLD*

Gwilym

Kind of a feeler - which means, I'll sell it at the right price ;0)

More about it and how it came to me on [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/120340-sadowsky-nyc-standard-5"]this thread[/url]

I'm after £2200 for it, which is what I have in it (EDIT. I actually have £2500 in it!). Comes with the original Sadowsky lightweight case and all paperwork, case candy etc.

If I recall correctly, the new selling price from Sadowsky on this bass was $3775. At todays exchange rate a new one at that price would cost you about £3000 to buy and import directly from Sadowsky. Although I'm sure their prices have probably risen since Sept 2009.

It's a great NYC Sadowsky, in VGC. At 7.85 lbs, it is super-light, has a chambered ash body, maple neck and ebony fingerboard. The tone is punchy and warm.

If Sadowskys are your thing, I'm sure you will love it. This was easily the best sounding bass that I tried in the Sadowsky showroom when I first played it, but... the harsh reality is I have major GAS for another MTD and the Sadowsky is not a 24 fret 35" scale bass, to which I have become accustomed, and I guess I prefer the more modern tone/aesthetic of the MTD.

[attachment=92450:5304_full_lg.jpg]

[url="https://plus.google.com/photos/109910182563338742532/albums/5697829320560516225?authkey=CJz1-srVkNOEmQE"]PHOTOS HERE[/url]

SHIPPING: Frankly, it is a pain in the arse, and I'm not inclined to do it. I would much prefer to sell to someone face to face who has played it and is happy with it, and know exactly what they are getting. However, there is a shipping place around the corner from me now, that I could use, because they are open on weekends. I will only use them and you will pay whatever they charge + full insurance. I cannot wait in during the week for couriers etc, so this is the only convenient way for me to arrange shipping.

Thanks!
G

Edited by Gwilym

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was asked for some photos so I've taken them and added a link to the first post on this thread. However, I spent quite some time playing the bass yesterday while I had it out and am now having second thoughts about selling, epsecially given the lengths I went through to aquire it in the first place! This might be the last bump :lol:

[quote name='dougal' timestamp='1323190479' post='1460378']
Oh my Giddy Aunt....

Have a bump on me.
[/quote]
[quote name='geoffbassist' timestamp='1326475319' post='1497811']
Bump for a great bass!
[/quote]

thanks for the bumps chaps :)

I've been playing this quite a bit at home the last couple of days, lovely warm tone to it through my rig, and a million miles from my MTD. I'm considering keeping it, and keep it as a trade only.

Still would consider trades as above, and I'll add a Celinder J5 or PJ5 to that list of potential trades.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1327714894' post='1515926']
Nut width - 1 3/4'' or 1 7/8''?
[/quote]

hi rodney,

Nut width is 1 7/8 in and neck depth is 20mm at the first fret.

Cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

Update on shipping - at the moment, it is feasible for me to deal with a courier collection during the week. Therefore, if anyone wants the bass shipped, or wants to arrange their own courier to collect, we can discuss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

[quote name='pistonbroke' timestamp='1328917996' post='1534998']
My kind of bass, simple lines, the right combination of woods
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better.

NYC Sadowskys also seem to have something a bit 'special' about them :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lukasz Chyla' timestamp='1350851329' post='1844340']
Hi.
Maybe you'd like trade?
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/189929-enfield-avenger-5-string-custom-bass-guitar/"]http://basschat.co.u...om-bass-guitar/[/url]
[/quote]
hi, thanks for the offer but I'm not looking to trade at this time. All the best with your sale...
Cheers
G

• 3 months later...