Why become a member? ×

Blue Bossa with Todd Johnson

Alun

Hi all. Here's a quick clip of myself playing with the great jazz bassist [url="http://www.toddjohnsonmusic.com"]Todd Johnson[/url] at his masterclass in Cardiff in March 2008. My attempts at embedding it have failed miserably :) so the link is [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9nJNY7Ok44"]HERE[/url].

Cheers
Alun

PS If a passing mod can embed it, I'd be muchly appreciative :huh:

[quote name='modulusq6' post='162736' date='Mar 24 2008, 05:35 PM']Yeah, some really nice playing there.

I was looking on his talkbass 'ask the experts' section, and he's got a book coming out soon with his chord voicings in, that'd be a good book to buy.[/quote]

He demonstrated some of the voicing concepts on the course and I think that book is going to be a great resource.

Thanks to good yourself and Mr Clayton for your kind words :)

Cheers
Alun

Thanks both :)

[quote name='Mikey D' post='164433' date='Mar 27 2008, 12:57 PM']Nice to see you finally play Alun![/quote]

Mikey, are you playing with Lewis down this way any time soon? If so, I shall try and get there.

Cheers
Alun

Thank you gentlemen :)

Mike - yes, I think I owe him a month's wages now!

Paul & Rumble - thanks for the comments on the tone. I think I got lucky as I was using the 10watt Sound City amp I had with my first bass in 1988. I'm amazed it still works, let alone sounds half decent.

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='164758' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:29 PM']Thanks both :)

Mikey, are you playing with Lewis down this way any time soon? If so, I shall try and get there.

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

Not that I know of...I'll let you know though. I can't remember if I said, but I actually saw you last time iwas down as I was in tom cottle's car and you were with his drum teacher. I didn't realise it was you though.

[quote name='Mikey D' post='166351' date='Mar 30 2008, 03:39 PM']Not that I know of...I'll let you know though. I can't remember if I said, but I actually saw you last time iwas down as I was in tom cottle's car and you were with his drum teacher. I didn't realise it was you though.[/quote]

Ha ha, yeah Tom told me. Tis a small world :)

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='gypsymoth' post='168499' date='Apr 2 2008, 02:46 PM']great stuff as always. too bad Merlin didn't pop in for a bit too.[/quote]

:) I need to do some more Merlin things soon, I'm neglecting him!
Cheers
Alun