Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 5

skelf

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1328562413' post='1529240']
Opions of the 7 string HK? SO tempted to pull the trigger on one! (even though i'm saving, and it could be balls (apprently consistancy isn't 100% even though i'm 100% sure rich could turn it into something stunning!) )

And Mr Zeros inlay dragon bass is AWESOME. Love Inlays like that!
[/quote]

The 7-string HK has a very similar neck to my 7-string Antoniotsai - very shallow, hence very playable. I couldn't actually play it as my hands work the right way round, but if I was looking for another 7-string, I'd certainly look at an HK. In fact, I'm vaguely tempted to get one of their five-string fretleseeseseses.

I bought that bass on something of a whim, to be honest. Then, when I got it, I found it was the best neck (for me) I'd encountered on a five-string. Since then, the only neck which have played and think could be better than it is the Wood&Tronics - one of Heath's Ruach basses might also fit the bill but didn't have strings on it when I encountered it.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1328872568' post='1533992']
The 7-string HK has a very similar neck to my 7-string Antoniotsai - very shallow, hence very playable. I couldn't actually play it as my hands work the right way round, but if I was looking for another 7-string, I'd certainly look at an HK. In fact, I'm vaguely tempted to get one of their five-string fretleseeseseses.

I bought that bass on something of a whim, to be honest. Then, when I got it, I found it was the best neck (for me) I'd encountered on a five-string. Since then, the only neck which have played and think could be better than it is the Wood&Tronics - one of Heath's Ruach basses might also fit the bill but didn't have strings on it when I encountered it.
[/quote]

This has stuck in my mind! Do you still have the Antoniotsai? Just curious!

Did the quality seem good? I mean Andrews gigged it so i'd assume it's definately solid (i'd assume or he's a trooper!) and I'd REALLY fancy a fretless 6 string HK as a summer learning project!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1328976352' post='1535559']

Did the quality seem good? I mean Andrews gigged it so i'd assume it's definately solid (i'd assume or he's a trooper!) and I'd REALLY fancy a fretless 6 string HK as a summer learning project!
[/quote]
I still have the Tsai 7-string - it's rather more Ritter-looking than the HK one.

The HK seems good quality from a brief inspection. You're a little limited on 6-string options with them though.

If you're looking for a 6-string fretless, it might also be worth looking at the project ones on ebay for under £200 - through-neck, screw them together yourself. Just search for "fretless project". I'd be tempted, except that I'm more a five-string man.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1328976352' post='1535559']

[/quote]

PMd you some details rather than putting it in the thread.