Why become a member? ×

Just Bought A Classic Vibe 50's!

spongebob

I've had a couple of CV's before, the 60's P and Jazz - loved them, but had to make space so sold 'em on.

Being down to just one bass recently - the MIM 50's P - I needed a backup, and hell, just wanted another similar-ish bass that wasn't a direct copy!

I did a bit of reading, and plumped for the 50's P in Butterscotch. It's a lovely looking bass, and has come out the box really well put together, as one has come to expect from the CV's.

I did read in places about the pickup power - mine is very good indeed, bags of tone and power. Maybe I got lucky!

In short, it's a great bit of kit, and just over £300. Looking at the Tele basses (which it's pretty similar to), there is a bit of a price gap!

I'm surprised Fender only make this bass in the CV range. I know there's the 60th Anniversary P, but that's almost 2k, and not single coil pups. Ever since I saw Billy Cox with one, it's a bass I've always wanted....the fact it's in the CV is just a bonus!

I'll try to post some pics, but it's just standard, and that's how it'll stay!

If you're in the market for one, go ahead, you won't regret it.

Congrats on the new bass.
I'm slowly coming around to how nice this bass looks. If it wasnt for the fact that it has a bit of a wider neck i would go for one.
As much as i love maple fretboard's if this was RW i could put my CV Jazz neck on it, but i dont think it would look right on this bass.

[quote name='buff' timestamp='1319628085' post='1416541']
Im loving mine, and not noticed the neck width being any wider than a jazz in feel.
[/quote]

It is though, and while its a lovely slim P neck i do prefer a proper Jazz neck. Not unplayable though, just my personal preference.

Thanks all! It is a very nice bass, and TBH, the quality is not, to my hands, any different than my 50's P!

As for the neck, it probably is thicker than x bass, but from playing the 50's, anything else feels too small now!

Oh...and Tom....I'll make sure I keep it well looked after and you a shout when the time comes! :)