Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending - Sadowsky NYC Vintage J (with P/J and JJ option) - Daphne Blue, immaculate - £2050

lozbass

Martin, Andy - thanks very much (and again, thanks to all for the comments!)

The new pickup covers arrived from Nordstrand this morning - very pretty too! A nice satin finish and the Nordstrand logo on the P cover. It's a small detail, but the the covers look lovely now they're fitted.

I managed to get some images this morning and will post later today. If there's any interest, I can deliver the bass in Manchester on Sunday, 6th November (to the UK Bass Day venue)

I'm skipping bassday this year - Work are asking me to go and Miller is a hero, but I think i'm done.

Loz, i'd snap your arm off for this, given about a spare grand and forcing me to let go of the Jazz....

Bump. GAS this thing of beauty needs to hide itself from me!!!

[quote name='phsycoandy' timestamp='1320358143' post='1425946']
Did I mention trades?
[/quote]
Thanks but I'm really trying to reduce the number of basses that I have around. The only basses that I'd really be interested in are Alembic short-scales (sig and above) or pre-CBS Fenders ('A' width neck only). Sorry, not a very broad list really!

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a bit of time thinking about whether to keep this - I played it for around half an hour this week and was very much in two minds. Certainly in the top 3 or 4 Js I've ever played (and I've owned and played some lovely boutique and vintage Js over the years!) - at this level, there's not much to choose between them, and this really is a 'do it all' (and do it beautifully) bass as other Sadowsky owners have said.

This morning I spent a bit of time with my Streamline and an Alembic and - in a moment of disciplined clarity - I realised that realistically I'm only going to playing shorter-scale basses.

So...a bump and a price drop. This is now down to a very firm £2050 - I was already taking a biggish hit at £2100, at £2050 it's serious! A bargain price for a world-class, top-spec instrument in superb condition.

Edited by lozbass