Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Shuker Deluxe Plus 6-string NT FL

TorVic

[b][u]Update[/u]: *SOLD*[/b]

This is my first sale/trade on BassChat so please bear with me if I get anything wrong!

I bought this bass 2nd-hand on Basschat (from Scooby) in June this year. The reason I am selling is that I cannot get used to the string spacing on it. It is the normal bass string spacing (18-19mm) whereas I am used to a narrower spacing (17-18mm), as on the Ibanez SR-506, which I also own.

Will sell for *[b]675[/b]* [b]ONO[/b]. Pick-up in London or shipping at buyer's cost via Parcelforce. Will throw in a battered Fender gig bag for packaging or to carry away.

The default technical spec is here: [url="http://www.shukergui...o.uk/tnspec.htm"]http://www.shukergui...o.uk/tnspec.htm[/url] Here are some details from the original sale:

It's been completely set-up with new Rotosound Flatwound strings! The combination of the Shuker EQ with the EMG's gives you so much tonal range. The body is fairly narrow making it very comfortable to play. There is very little fingerboard wear and the only defects are three very, very slight marks on the headstock, which doesn't show on any pictures I've tried to take.

The exact details of this bass:

* 6 String Fretless - dark wood liners
* 7 piece custom laminated neck
* Neck through - body: Maple / Wenge / Paduak
* The body is Amazaque with matching headstock.
* 24 Fret, 34” Scale
* Gotoh GB707 Tuners
* Corian Nut
* Two-Way Truss Rod
* Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
* Medium Jumbo Fretwire
* Mother-of-Pearl Side Dots
* Individual Bridge Units
* Black Hardware
* EMG Pick-ups
* Shuker 3-band active circuit
* Satin Lacquer (15 or 25% Gloss) over polyester base

(Pictures also available at [url="https://picasaweb.google.com/100212465725187526301/ShukerDeluxePlus6FLNT?authuser=0&feat=directlink"]https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink[/url])

<edit> deleted photos </edit>

Edited by TorVic

I still can't manage to upload any photos to this thread. Tried from Chrome and IE. Does anyone know how to get it working on this site? :)

Basschat doesn't allow you to link to picasa image URLs saying: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." :)

Edited by TorVic

Wow, you know the financial state of affairs is dire when you get two hand-built NT 6 string Shukers for sale, both for under £800! Seems like a crazy amount of bass for the money. I swore I'd never go back to 6 again, but this has me contemplating the return!

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I soooooooo wish I could get my money out of RSA and back to the UK! I'd snap this up in a jiffy!

Good luck with the sale! This is the third bass in as many weeks that I'd give my left leg for!!

Regards
G!

Any idea on the weight of this bass? I'm still trying to see if I can manage to get some money back to the UK or not?

I am right that this comes with a Shuker 'Hiscox' case? I thought I'd read it somewhere above, but can't seem to see it now?

Cheers
G!

[quote name='gadget' timestamp='1321005472' post='1434198']
Any idea on the weight of this bass? I'm still trying to see if I can manage to get some money back to the UK or not?

I am right that this comes with a Shuker 'Hiscox' case? I thought I'd read it somewhere above, but can't seem to see it now?

Cheers
G!
[/quote]

Go onnnnnnn , make that deal G, and start the bass buying merry go round

Lovely bass, i just cant play six strings!!!

[quote name='gadget' timestamp='1321005472' post='1434198']

Cheers
G!
[/quote]
I am afraid I don't know the weight and don't have a scale to weigh it on. I did not get the Shuker case with it when I bought it but a general Hiscox case. However, this sale does not include the case. I am using the case for another bass at the moment. I will ship it with a used Fender gig bag or I can add a hard case at additional cost.

Hi Barry, Near Waterloo Tube station (SE1). You are welcome to try out the bass, if you wish, ideally during the weekend.
[quote name='Bazza the Bass' timestamp='1321374948' post='1438417']
Hi, where abouts in London are you based ?

Cheers
Barry
[/quote]

Too true! For 675 quid, this is a rediculously good price for one of the best built basses from the UK!

I've owned 3 Shukers, and loved everyone of them! Regret selling the two of them, and the third I would not part with in any hurry at all! I was considering buying this and then having it fretted, but costs are prohibiting this, especially since I can't get my money back to the UK easily at present! Gutted to let this one slip, along with one or two other recent basses, but guess thats how the cookie crumbles?

I'm sure some one will eventually snap this up? What happened to all those people looking for 6 string fretless Tanglewaters? This would be a higher end alternative for the same price (no offence to tanglewater)!

Regards
G!