Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Markbass LMII effects loop

pete.young

Does anyone have a detailed set of instructions for switching a Markbass LMII from parallel to series? I understand it involves moving 2 jumpers and its probably obvious, but better safe than sorry.

Would I be right in thinking that if I change it over to series and don't have anything in the loop I'll need to connect the send and return with a short jack-jack lead?

While ive never done it as i dont use effects i imagine its to get more control over the tone. At the default setting you get the clean tone and the effected tone coming out of the speaker. I would imagine some people wont want the clean tone in the mix so changing the jumper will remove that.
You would then get out what you put in.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Thanks everyone for the great information and apologies for the slow reply, I've been a bit busy over the last couple of days.

Monckyman, the reason for wanting to do this is to emulate 51m0n's setup with head and compressor in the same rack case - it makes sense to compress all the signal all of the time. First I need to find a rack case (a minor detail!)

Ta for the info, I didn`t realise it was a half normalled connection.
I thought it was a fully normalised connection that completely interrupted the signal path when a jack was inserted in either socket like a patchbay.
Might explain why I`m not getting full benefit of my BDDI when I stick it in the loop. :)
I`ll go inline from now on.
Thanks
MM