Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Want to comission a custom shuker

Batfastard

Hi! I'm in Norwich and have two custom Shukers. I am also a Shuker endorser.I'd be more than happy to talk..well.. for hours about going custom and especially my experience with Jon and his craft. I also wrote a 4 page article for Bass Guitar Magazine in June about my two basses, if back issues are available. Ping me a PM if ya like! - Jon has said that he's happy for me to give you pointers and advice and of course you'd be more than welcome to try my two out.

[quote name='Batfastard' timestamp='1317037565' post='1385691']
A 5 string jag with coil tapped humbuckers rear routing 36inch scale.
Cheers dood. Should be up that way in a couple of weeks. Will drop a pm when I know dates.
[/quote]

And the colour would be? Details man, DETAILS!!!

[quote name='Batfastard' timestamp='1317037565' post='1385691']
A 5 string jag with coil tapped humbuckers rear routing 36inch scale.
Cheers dood. Should be up that way in a couple of weeks. Will drop a pm when I know dates.
[/quote]

That sounds like a really cool spec mate!
Jon will make you an awesome bass too :)

[quote name='Batfastard' timestamp='1317109965' post='1386709']
A clear satin lacquer over mahogany or walnut. Ebony fretboard and maple neck
[/quote]

Jon usually has some very nice American Black Walnut in stock, think that might catch you're eye :)

Eude

No problem Batfastard, happy to help! - Oh, I encourage you to take a visit up to see him and check out the wood store! You'll change your mind about 100 times when he starts pulling out some amazing and rare facing woods! I'm a sucker for a nice slice of Buckeye Burl!

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update for this seeing as I've had time to do some research here is the electronics spec:[list]
[*]Electronics:
[list]
[*]2 band EQ [color=#0000cd]9-18v[/color]
[*]Passive/active switch, treble roller & bass roller
[*][color=#006400]Three 3-way switches: coil tap/on/off neck, coil tap/on/off bridge & coil tap parallel/parallel/series[/color]
[*]Volume, Tone. Stacked pots: Bottom = bridge Top = neck
[*]Side mounted Jack socket
[*][color=#0000cd]EMG 40HZ humbuckers, Delano SBC 5 HE/S + TheXtender HE 5 ( to confirm )[/color]
[/list]
[/list]
Here is the layout of the controls (identical layout, more functions)

Ct= Coil tap

[color=#0000CD]Need to explore options[/color]
[color=#006400]May need to rethink options here depending on pickup choice[/color]

Any advice on the ideas below is welcome:
Oval scoop between the pickups 30mm wide 10mm deep ( for popping )?
Thumb rest ( above B string ) between neck and neck pickup ( for reggae/dub sound )?
Fanned Frets?
3 band EQ?
Transparent block inlays and side dots with dim blue leds?

Delano Pickups:
[url="http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=6fb847a9de&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bcat%5D=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bseries%5D=14&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bstrings%5D=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bsystem%5D=85"]http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=6fb847a9de&tx_smtdelano_pi1[cat]=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1[series]=14&tx_smtdelano_pi1[strings]=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1[system]=85[/url] Bridge
[url="http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=e7ee8546d0&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bcat%5D=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bseries%5D=10&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bstrings%5D=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1%5Bsystem%5D=62"]http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=e7ee8546d0&tx_smtdelano_pi1[cat]=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1[series]=10&tx_smtdelano_pi1[strings]=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1[system]=62[/url] Neck