Why become a member? ×

Fretless Jazz Bass Type Thingy

Rumple

I had a call from Lawrence yesterday and all the electrics are in now, it should be finished in the next couple of weeks but in the meantime he's going to send some new pics, I'll upload them when they arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Fought my way through the torrential rain last Sunday to collect the bass from Lawrence's workshop in Letchworth, got a very welcome cup of tea on arrival.

As you can see from the pictures it's a very pretty looking bass indeed, it's quite hard to photograph but I think I've go the pics pretty close.

Acoustically it plays really well, It's got some nice mwah going on but plugged in there's a nasty hum/buzz from the ACG 02, something is not right at all, Lawrence has talked to ACG and no one seems to know what's wrong with it, I bought the pre second hand a couple of years ago so it may have been faulty when I got it, I can't blame either ACG or Lawrence for that. I do have another ACG 02 in the cupboard so I'll get my mate to swap them over and see how it is or maybe wire the Wizards up as passive, still thinking it through.

Unfortunately it will have to go back to Letchworth at some point to have the set-up lowered slightly, tuners repositioned a tad and a small mark in the burst fixed.

Many thanks go to Mr Born for sticking with what turned out to be a bit of a nightmare job for him.

[attachment=127913:P1000716 lr.jpg]

[attachment=127914:P1000718 lr.jpg]

[attachment=127915:P1000719 lr.jpg]

[attachment=127916:P1000722 lr.jpg]

[attachment=127917:P1000724 lr.jpg]

Need to think of a new project now!