Why become a member? ×

FS: Music Man SUB in blue

Mikey R

So the time has come for me to part with my Music Man SUB, serial number X09797. Im not happy about it, but I never play it and I need to buy some kit for the workshop (shed).

The body finish is the same really tough, slightly textured stuff they used on all the SUBs Ive seen. The scratchplate is the diamond tread plate one, this could be swapped out if you wanted - Im sure someone will know which scrathplate you would need.

This bass is in good condition, Ive barely taken it out the house since I got it second hand earlier in the year. Its got a little bit of wear on the tip of the headstock, but thats true of most second hand basses. If its really an issue, Ive heard people colour them in with a sharpie, but thats a bit irreversible and I just prefer the lived in look.

This is a good quality, nearly-a-ray made in the US. Its a shame they dont make these any more.

Im after £400 squids, Levi strap included. Shipping in the UK will be around £21 plus £15 insurance - if theres a cheaper way to ship, let me know,

EDIT: Shipping to the UK will be more like £20.40 including insurance. I'll be shipping this out in a battered old hardcase wrapped in cardboard.

EDIT: This ones an active 2 band.

EDIT: PRICE DROP - £380 including delivery to mainland UK, excl highlands

Edited by Mikey R

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1318280336' post='1400119']
Indeed I would - Interparcel from UK to France quotes £18 + vat + insurance. Unfortunately it wont tell me what the insurance would be untill I finish the transaction, but it shouldnt be much.
[/quote]

You might be surprised, I got caught in the past on insurance. For example, bass I recently bought from within the UK and arranged the courier myself through Interparcel - bass value ~£400, shipping cost £11, insurance £10 - total with VAT £25. You can check if you have the address, just cancel out before the credit card details.

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1318331304' post='1400596']

You might be surprised, I got caught in the past on insurance. For example, bass I recently bought from within the UK and arranged the courier myself through Interparcel - bass value ~£400, shipping cost £11, insurance £10 - total with VAT £25. You can check if you have the address, just cancel out before the credit card details.
[/quote]

Cheers, youre right, insurance will be £10 + vat in the UK.

So for the UK shipping will be £6.99 + vat + £10 insurance + vat, which comes out at around £20.40, which is still cheaper than the quote I got from Parcel Force.

Anyone interested, if youre in North Yorkshire, you could collect, or if youre in West Yorkshire I pass through Leeds every day so could meet at Leeds station.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1318560115' post='1403788']
Do check but I think insurance only works if it's in a hard case?
[/quote]

Sorry, forgot to mention in the OP, I'll ship it in a battered old hardcase. Cheers for pointing that out!

Ive edited the OP with that info included.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1319016383' post='1408831']

The battery box on the back does give it away somewhat :)
[/quote]

Oops. Reminds me of... "How do you make a bass player's eyes light up?"

Shine a torch in his ear

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might be interested in this then. I'm a beginner looking to buy my first bass, and I've been heavily recommended both the SUB and the Squier CV Precision, and am currently torn between the two. I'm going to mull it over for the next few days, and will probably come up with a definitive decision sometime next week. So if I end up going for the SUB I'll get in touch. If of course you haven't sold it to someone else by then!