Why become a member? ×

Conklin GTBD-7 7 string - Now open to offers

Finbar

[b]SOLD PENDING USUAL[/b]

Okay, so what with my Shuker 7 arriving in a couple of weeks, I'm really questioning whether I'll need two 7 strings, when one could be sold for an epic amp head.

I'm still not entirely sure I'll want to sell this - I'll know after I've had the Shuker enough to experiment.

Basically, it is in good condition, as I've been a loving owner. Gold is slightly wearing off to the silver underneath in some places such as where my hand rests on the bridge. Usual scuffs as expected from a bass. There is one noticable ding on the bottom of the bottom horn (can't see it when playing), which I will try and photograph for you - in the photo it is next to my thumbnail for size comparison. Also a small mark in the finish on the lower horn that has been there since I've owned this bass. The knob which has fallen off in the pictures has now been reattached. I replaced the (completely rubbish) Neutrik locking jack socket with an EMG one, and it has served perfectly ever since (it went on a little wonky. Not a lot - check the pictures). One screw missing from rear control cavity due to the threads stripping themselves.

Other than that, excellent condition! The Bill Dickens signature on the pickups was covered in black marker pen when I bought it, but is wearing off to reveal the name underneath now. Fab bass, wouldn't sell it if it wasn't for the Shuker, and amp GAS!

34" scale
Neck-thru
24 frets
16mm string spacing
2 signature Bill Dickens pickups
Signature Bill Dickens electronics inc/ 3 way parametric EQ switch
Dunlop Straplocks ready-installed.
Natural finish.

Asking £700 for it. I'll possibly throw in the £40 Levy's strap with matching Dunlop Straploks for £20 too.

Basically, the pictures I'm linking to show you everything mentioned above. So look for yourself :)

MORE PICTURES HERE:
[url="http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/Dissident_band/Conklin%20GTBD-7/"]http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/Dis...nklin%20GTBD-7/[/url]

Ibanez BTB405 is [b]SOLD[/b].

Apologies for the pictures - they looked a lot better on my phone! Also apologies for the messy room... Feel free to click on any of the pictures for a bigger view, some of them have a description.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Finbar

One of the best Signature 7 strings out there for the price no doubt!

I put mine on ebay when I took delivery of my Shuker 7. It was quite funny, as I had clearly stipulated UK only, but there was this guy in Spain who so desperately wanted it! Apparently trying to get hold of these basses (or any off the shelf 7) over there is a near impossibility!

I love the big phat sound of these basses. The neck and string spacing contributed to the design of my Shuker.

Agreed 100%.

When I wanted a new bass, I realised I had pretty much one of the best off the shelf 7 strings around, so that's why I ended up getting one built!

There is nothing wrong with this bass at all, it is lovely, but I'm doing exactly the same as you Dood, shifting it on simply because my Shuker 7 will mean it stays in the case probably.

And the neck and string spacing on this is pretty much exactly what my new Shuker is having :) The neck is not too wide, and it is very shallow - very playable!

Yes. I won't question your personal preference of tunings, but I really think the high F is a lot more useful than the low F#, however.

You'd need to make sure the strings fit properly in the nut by doing a little filing for the lower strings I should think, and you'd have to make sure there is enough of a taper on your low F# string for it to fit in the bridge, but sure, that's possible.

Just get Mr.Shuker to de-fret it for you :)

I was thinking of ditching my Conklin when I got my Sei. Now minus it's frets, it's earning it's keep and it sounds better than it did when it was fretted.

Personally, I'd hold onto it unless you really have to sell it. It's always useful to have a backup bass and as 7 strings are still quite rare beasts you might have a job to find another one if you sold it.....

I really have no interest in fretless.

I'm still not sure whether it is going to go or not, for the same reasons you mentioned, and also just for sentimentality :) But a nice amp would be worth more to me than a backup 7 I think.

[quote name='dood' post='161350' date='Mar 21 2008, 11:39 AM']One of the best Signature 7 strings out there for the price no doubt![/quote]

hang on dood, your not making a whole lotta sense...

'one of'...'best signature [b]7[/b]strings'...'for the price'

how many other 7 string signature basses are out there for that price???

:)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='162245' date='Mar 23 2008, 04:01 PM']hang on dood, your not making a whole lotta sense...

'one of'...'best signature [b]7[/b]strings'...'for the price'

how many other 7 string signature basses are out there for that price???

:)[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Nooooo not what I meant lol. I should have said, "Considering it's a signature bass (and a seven string) you are unlikely to find another as good at that price.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Finbar' post='194357' date='May 8 2008, 01:36 AM']Le bumple.

Had a few trade offers on both basses, but I'm really not wanting to go down that route.[/quote]

Where are you (and the bass) located?