Why become a member? ×

Another newbie from Bristol, UK

slowchange

Hi folks

I started playing bass and guitar far too many years ago! My fave bassists were Chris Squire, John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, Paul McCartney and Andy Fraser. My amp was the wardrobe! Since then I’ve really enjoyed Alain Caron and Lincoln Goines, Jeff Berlin, Jaco and Richard Bona et al. A few years ago Rich loaned me his Toby 6 string and I’ve wanted one ever since! A few days ago I took the plunge and bought a Peavey Grind 6 string and love it! The moral of that story is “Never shop when you have a migraine”. The “You can’t afford it” control is switched off!

I also have a Fenix Precision copy which needs some TLC but has great potential. Currently, I have no bass amp although I could try the wardrobe again.

I teach guitar (electric, acoustic and classical) and bass for a living.

Many thanks to Rich for fuelling the flame over the years. My Peavey now has pride of place in my flat. Even my girlfriend says it’s the best bit of wood she’s seen for some time…….hang on!

All the best

Mark aka slowchange

[quote name='slowchange' post='1374966' date='Sep 15 2011, 10:30 PM']Hey BassBod, where are you playing? My missus lives in BOA. Hope it was a good gig![/quote]

The pub near the station - Three Horseshoes? Or Crowns? It was fun - jazz in a rock pub.....mmmmm...nice.

Edited by BassBod

[quote name='slowchange' post='1375037' date='Sep 15 2011, 11:24 PM']Thanks everyone! What a great welcome! Let me know your gig schedules and I'll try to come along

All the best

Slow[/quote]

Am playing the [url="https://www.facebook.com/TheRinkyDinks#!/event.php?eid=263021360387807"]Mr Wolf's stage at Brisfest[/url] on 25/9 - onstage 7pm! :)

• 2 weeks later...