Why become a member? ×

Sold

Mickb1773

Lakland Joe Osborne Signature Series.American Series.These are 3400 euros new.Bass come with Bartolini pickups and Bartolini Pre amp upgrade. Swamp Ash Body.Birds Eye Maple Neck.Bone Nut.For Details and reviews.
[url="http://www.lakland.com/basses/osborn.htm"]http://www.lakland.com/basses/osborn.htm[/url]

Get an original American Lakland for the price of a Korean Lakland(almost)
Price Drop :1500...No offers:This the Minimum Price.I will throw in a Lakland Hardcase

Based in the Republic of Ireland

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Mickb1773

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='159128' date='Mar 17 2008, 07:26 PM']Lakland Joe Osborne Signature Series.American Series.These are 3400 euros new.Bass come with Bartolini pickups and Bartolini Pre amp upgrade. Swamp Ash Body.Birds Eye Maple Neck.Bone Nut.For Details and reviews.
[url="http://www.lakland.com/basses/osborn.htm"]http://www.lakland.com/basses/osborn.htm[/url]

Get an original American Lakland for the price of a Korean Lakland(almost)
Price Drop :1500...No offers:This the Minimum Price.I will throw in a Lakland Hardcase

Based in the Republic of Ireland

Thanks for looking :)[/quote]

Is that 1500 pounds or euro? :huh:

Whereabouts in Ireland are you?

Cheers,
Frank

[quote name='aido43' post='159900' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:42 PM']Got any more pics?--the neck looks a funny colour in the pic provided.[/quote]

There is slight grey discolouration on the Birds Eye Maple neck ..from playing...just ground in dirt.I have cleaned it as best I can and with the GHS polish as recommeded by Dan Lakin himself (nice guy...very friendly).Seemingly this happens to the early maple necked Lakland models.I have a 4 94 which is slightly discoloured also .Dan said the only way to clean it fully is replace the Fingerboard and as it does not affect the sound I have left it as is.

There will be a delay with the more pics as my camera broke abot 2 days ago...so it could be a week or 2 till I get around getting it repaired or replaced.

Hey Mick,

Great to see you on here! Welcome to basschat.

Guys I've played this bass and the Bart pup and pre really do compliment the instruments overall vintage vibe; warm and articulate but can do the trebley Marcus tone with a little eq. fiddling (without sounding brittle!).

Mick is also a gent to deal with ^_^

Good luck with the sale.

Jay.

I am open to High End Quality trades but there always a but I have had terrible GAS in the past and present and have had/have in my possesiona lot of nice kit (Some I should not have gotten rid off but Hindsight is great thing ) So I am looking for something new....I really must Stop this :)

Ideally I am interested in Wal/Alembic/MTD Trades
Possible Sei/Overwater/Shuker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Bump...
Will probably withdraw from sale shortly as there seems to be a distinct lack of interest in this bass.Could be wrong time with Euro versus Sterling..but I think it is a fair price :) ..Take Care,Mick.

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='192138' date='May 5 2008, 11:32 AM']Another Bump...
Will probably withdraw from sale shortly as there seems to be a distinct lack of interest in this bass.Could be wrong time with Euro versus Sterling..but I think it is a fair price :) ..Take Care,Mick.[/quote]

tbf i think the main reason your struggling is because the neck looks awful, are you sure it cannot be cleaned any better than that??? just doesnt look right

That as good as the neck can be cleaned...I contacted Dan Lakin himself and even tried GHS polish with a tooth brush as he suggested ..no good.He said the only option after that would be to replace the Fretboard which I am reluctant to do as it does not affect the sound.But thanks for you advice.

A guitar with an oil/wax maple fingerboard I have looked similiar but far more so than this JO. The chap who sold it to me had it refretted with jumbo frets by Feline guitars just before I got it.They either planed or sanded the board and then sealed it so it looked as good as new. excellent job they did too.
not much help I know but surely better to play the JO religiously,wear the frets out and then have the above work done I;m sure

lovely bass btw

• 3 weeks later...

One very similar has just gone up for sale in the BassGallery (Same finish but aguilar OBp -2 P amp) for £1650...at curent rate of exchange this is going for £1185...nearly £500 cheaper so grab a bargain :)