Why become a member? ×

Elixirs vs DR coated, DR Bootzillas etc.

tonyclaret

Hi, I have been using elixirs for the last two years and like them, they feel slick and have lasted an absolute age without losing any tone. I have never tried the DR range of coated strings, I was looking at the silver stars as Im unsure of this coloured string thing, it just doesn't rock my boat! Also the DR Bootzillas, as they apparently are clear coated and have a bit more bite.

Thoughts please, should I stick with the tried and tested or try the greener grass on the DR side.

Cheers Tony

Edited by tonyclaret

I believe Elixir own the idea of coating the string as a whole, everyone else coats the outer wire and then wraps it around the core, a very different feel and sound. I haven't tried the DRs but having bought sets of D'Addario and Warwick coated in the past, I won't be switching from Elixir again.

I'm a long-time Elixir user when buying roundwounds, and I recently changed to DR strings. I wrote a review of them a little bit further down this forum actually, but the long and short of it is that I will be returning to Elixirs for my next set of strings.

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1362605' date='Sep 5 2011, 08:14 AM']I believe Elixir own the idea of coating the string as a whole, everyone else coats the outer wire and then wraps it around the core, a very different feel and sound. I haven't tried the DRs but having bought sets of D'Addario and Warwick coated in the past, I won't be switching from Elixir again.[/quote]
Nope. Read US6765136 for the facts.