Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING - German Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string custom shop 2006

Evil Undead

I've very recently purchased this bass from dc2009.

As much as it's a amazing instrument, it's just not the right one for me. I suffer from back trouble (if anyone's interested, I have a curvature of the spine in both the lumbar and thoracic regions) and even though this is very light weight for a 5 string at 9.4 lbs, my back just can't cope with it.

EDIT - I've now bought my sub-8.5lb Corvette 4 back from Flex, so this is for sale only now.

I paid £1000 only a few weeks ago and I'm looking to make that back - willing to look at offers but can't afford to lose too much.

[b]Also now willing to consider a trade!!![/b]

This is an awesome quality instrument, and worth much, much more than this - it's got the brilliant $$ electronics package, amazing build quality, flamed maple top. As you can see in the pictures, it's absolutely beautiful.

There is some cosmetic damage - some buckle rash, scratches and dings, but is a players bass and I believe dc gigged it pretty heavily for the 5 years he had it so that's to be expected. The photos definitely make the scratches look worse than they are, and none of them can be seen from a playing angle that I can tell - none of my band mates noticed any in a ridiculously bright rehearsal room

I've just had the jack socket replaced professionally as it was starting to cut out slightly - purely a sign of having been used so much - but no trouble with it at all since this. The luthier also did a thorough set up on it at the same time and made sure all was well, which it is.

Comes with the user kit including manual, tools, straplocks, and certificate signed by Hans Peter Wilfer.

The Warwick website lists the price for this new as €2100 which is around £2050, so £1000 is a crazy bargain!

Would much prefer collection, but if you commit to buying the bass I'm willing to bring it to you by train as long as my fare is covered.
I will post fully insured - the actual cost of this is £45 but I'll only charge £20 - and I'll also throw in a free hard foam case.

Viewing/testing is welcomed.

Here is the actual bass itself on the Warwick custom shop page - [url="http://warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=988&modell=Corvette&page=9&cl=EN"]http://warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/News...age=9&cl=EN[/url]

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='dc2009' post='1360840' date='Sep 3 2011, 11:59 AM']I'm reall sorry this bass didn't work out for you, but this is definitely a great bass for someone out there. I picked up my new Corvette 5 $$ yesterday, these are splendid basses, someone snap this up![/quote]

I think i ve seen the bass in your avatar before, just don't remember where!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1364305' date='Sep 6 2011, 05:21 PM']Thanks :)

Unfortunate as it is, I've got no choice but to go for a straight sale. Fingers crossed that it sells soon[/quote]

I had to sell my Sadowsky recently due to cash problems so I feel your pain, I got about 4 months with it though as opposed to a few days...

Hope you sort out whatever's going on soon.