Why become a member? ×

FS: Tony Franklin Fretless Precision bass

Legion

Well, here goes...

I've done this before, changed my mind, then did it again - etc etc. Luckily the last sale was to Clarky and I managed to get it back again (again!).

I've finally decided that I have the basses I need (as opposed to basses I want, which is quite different) in the form of my NYC Sadowsky and USA Decade. Love them both to bits and will be sticking with them. So I'm going to try and sell the TF and hope it stays in the Basschat world of circulation.

Not a common bass, and certainly not something you will find in shops over here. I tried one out when I was in NYC 4 years ago and bought one not long after I got home. It's an outstanding bass, mainly for its simplicity in my opinion. Nicely positioned Jazz pup along with a standard P pup and the 3 selector switch. Other than that its got the standard Drop tuner on the E string and I've grounded the bottom of the pup poles of the P pup as the mains in my house is awful and it was picking up a lot of noise that is now cured.

Condition is excellent considering how much use its had, couple of little dings in the body and a fair bit of paint/pickguard swirling but the neck remains immaculate and everything else works fine. Weight is nice and light at just over 8 lbs. Comes with the original hard case and candy. I'm writing this from work (as I get much less time spare at home) so heres a couple of older photos, although nothing has changed anyway.

Looking for £800 collected from Ipswich area - I'm not keen on postage only for the reason that I've run out of giant bass sized boxes :)
[attachment=87620:Chocolate2.jpg]
[attachment=87621:IMGP1146.JPG]

Edited by Legion

This is a genuinely fabulous fretless and if I had managed to sell my fretless Wal this would already have been mine (again!) :)

The buyer will be one lucky dude (or dude-ette). Get in quick!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1348093' date='Aug 22 2011, 03:54 PM']This is a genuinely fabulous fretless and if I had managed to sell my fretless Wal this would already have been mine (again!) :)

The buyer will be one lucky dude (or dude-ette). Get in quick![/quote]
Thanks Clarky, I know you love this bass as much as I do. I forgot to mention it has a great neck profile, sort of like a 70's P in width but shallower...very comfy to play.

[quote name='neilb' post='1353770' date='Aug 27 2011, 06:11 PM'].. and nice to meet you both at Bass Merchant yesterday to witness the transaction!! Ended up with a Ray34 myself!!!

Neil[/quote]

they look like really nice basses

from what i saw the bass merchant shop has a great collection of quality basses - my first visit