Why become a member? ×

Reverend basses!

Prime_BASS

Think I remember a topic a while ago!
Any who I just saw these in some guitar world special buyers guide. Look very nice.

Musicman style Pickups
Classic styling
And one has a reverse headstock which is something I've been gassing for for ages.

Anyone have any experience, where to buy?

[url="http://www.vintageandmodernguitars.co.uk/"]Vintage & Modern Guitars[/url] appear to be the only UK retailer.

According to their website they have lots of guitars and a single [url="http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/guitars/bass_series/hi_res/justice_cb_lg.jpg"]Justice Bass in Chronic Blue[/url] in stock.

Well I haven't tried the basses, but the current guitarist and the previous guitarist in our band BOTH use Reverends - the Double Agent II and Warhawk II respectively and they're absolutely amazing guitars. The build quality is exceptional, the neck's play themselves and the sound is ace. You'd normally expect to pay a LOT more than £500ish for something of similar quality.

So I can vouch for Reverend's general quality as a company - I imagine the basses are fantastic. :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1346124' date='Aug 20 2011, 09:52 AM']Possibly :) and made in Korea.[/quote]
But all the original Reverend Instruments were made in the US and the first ones came out in 1997.

In the end though it's hardly an original headstock shape is it? Just the Fender one (who nicked it off Martin) with a second "crest".

[quote name='Doddy' post='1346234' date='Aug 20 2011, 11:59 AM']I'm bummed that they don't still make the Rumblefish or the Brad Houser model anymore.[/quote]

Me too man, would love a Rumblefish, pretty rare now though

Si

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1346149' date='Aug 20 2011, 10:36 AM']....In the end though it's hardly an original headstock shape is it? Just the Fender one (who nicked it off [i]Bigsby, who nicked it off Martin, who nicked it off Stauffer[/i]) with a second "crest".[/quote]
Just thought I'd flesh that history out a little bit! :)