Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Supernatural Supersession Bass. **SOLD**

phsycoandy

A rare bass indeed and probably the pinacle of John's art. A 4 string fretted Supersession with book matched birds eye maple front and back and matching headstock.

Multi 5 laminated Neck and body with through neck.
Bound ebony fretboard and head stock
Original illuminated fibre optic position markers, in two colours red when in active mode and green when in passive mode, powered by one of the 9 volt batteries.
Solid brass hardware
Oval pickups with birds eye covers to match the body
Three band active EQ
Jack output, the original jack on the edge of the body doesn't work so output is via the jack on the front. There is no XLR out, I'm guessing it was where the front jack is and I guess could be re-instated.

There is some light fret wear, a few marks on the top edge of the forearm bout see pic, some tarnish and loss of the varish to the brass parts especially on the rear battery cover and fibre optic access panel. There is a small ding on the rear of the neck see pic but nothing much really, there is a little wear to the varnish to the rear on the lower horn area and slight buckle rash.

All electrics work fine and the sound is nothing short of huge as you would expect.

Comes with original advertising brochure from JD and what I'm assuming is the original plush lined case with leather handle.

[u]£1395. [/u] [b]NOW SOLD[/b]. Ships Free in UK Mainland. I believe it dates from 1980 but I am waiting for John's confirmation.

Edited by phsycoandy

:) The fellas in white coats will be round with a nice new coat which does up at the back and to take you to a padded room later :lol:

This is an absolutely beautiful bass..if it's anything like my Roadie it must be something else - you must be mad to part with this :) :D

If the trade fro my Wal falls through I may be in touch..

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1347275' date='Aug 21 2011, 05:01 PM']:) The fellas in white coats will be round with a nice new coat which does up at the back and to take you to a padded room later :lol:

This is an absolutely beautiful bass..if it's anything like my Roadie it must be something else - you must be mad to part with this :) :D

If the trade fro my Wal falls through I may be in touch..[/quote]
More like the guys in suits from Barclaycard!