Why become a member? ×

More little hellos :)

MissPenguin

I saw someone else was 16 on here too, but he sounds way more talented than i am =P

I've been playing double bass since i was 9, but have only really thrown myself back into it in the last 6 months or so.

I took my grade 6 and am working towards my grade 7.. Unfortunately, last year around January till September, due to boyfriend issues and GCSEs, i didn't play much - The outcome of this being i've picked up some bad habits on double bass which i'm currently trying to unlearn.

As for bass guitar playing, i've never had a paid lesson, but got lucky at the London guitar show in 2005 - I entered a competition and won, meaning that i got a week free course up at the Institute in London! One of the best experiences of my life! =P

On Double Bass i'm looking to join an orchestra in my area.. I was in the Youth Orchestra and could possibly rejoin.. But i don't know.. I sort of left unofficially before and i doubt they like me there very much anymore.

Bass guitar i'm in a group called Jazz Workshop - We're playing in the music for youth festival this Friday, and i have a solo *Is Proud*

We're playing Better Get Hit In Yo' Soul by Charlie Mingus :) I do love his songs.

I own a double bass, Aria bass guitar, a cute little keyboard and Sonar editing software.

I'm called Alice. Hello ^^

Hey Alice! Welcome aboard! - I tried to play a couple of electric uprights recently.. I had all manner of problems! It just felt completely alien to me and not at all easy! So I have respect for you straight away!

We have one or two upright players on the forum and they have me in awe!

'av a good 'un!

Dood.

• 1 month later...

welcomeee =]

double bassist aye? I've got me one of them.
youth orchestra is great fun (I play for south wales county, we're going on tour to italy this summer :) used to play bass guitar in the schools wind band, and when I saw the old upright in the corner I taught myself... then the double bass teacher caught me and dragged me into county, and I'm finding it a laugh now =] minimum requirement grade 5, but I haven't sat any grades on the DB yet ;) so you're 6 grades better than me :huh: but tour should be good, lots of booze and partying I'm sure ;) )

hope things work out for ya though =] if not with them, I'm sure you could do better =]]

there are a few youngsters round and about here, and those who are older might aswell be youngsters by the way they act anyway ;)

hope you enjoy your time here :huh:
mat (fellow teenaged DB and BGer from swansea) =]

[quote name='MissPenguin' post='154949' date='Mar 10 2008, 11:32 PM']I've been playing double bass since i was 9, but have only really thrown myself back into it in the last 6 months or so.

I took my grade 6 and am working towards my grade 7.. Unfortunately, last year around January till September, due to boyfriend issues and GCSEs, i didn't play much - The outcome of this being i've picked up some bad habits on double bass which i'm currently trying to unlearn.[/quote]

That's bloody amazing Alice. Major respect to you. Have fun on the forum and if you have any issues, feel free to drop Ped or I a PM. :)