Why become a member? ×

Sold Again Musicman Stingray

peety

I bought this recently off Nick ( Old Horse ) Murphy it is the one that was originally white that he had refinished in a metallic amber colour.

Anyway had this about 6 weeks and i can just not really get on with it, so have decided to move it on

It has a 3 band EQ and Gold Hardware and comes with a new Gator hardcase.

Have to say photos do not do it justice however am aware the colour may not be to everyones taste.

Anyone who has dealt with Nick will know the quality of his basses this is no different it is in mint condition,( see his post further down )

sorry can't accept trades as cash is required for Beerdragons Lakland BG which i agreed to buy after this was bought buy it now on ebay, the buyer messed up the paypal payment said he was sorting it out now 2 weeks later is ignoring me and i haven't been able to contact him for over a week so have cancelled the deal on ebay

. [b]So this needs to go quickly am looking for around 600 quid but may listen to offers so try me out[/b]

Sold Again on Ebay would you believe pending collection.

cheers steve

Edited by peety

Just to help Steve out a bit here...

The Ray was originally white with gold hardware (all originally supplied in gold from Ernie Ball- apparently they occasionally do a batch as custom orders). It looked like it had come from a Spandau Ballet video. I didn't particularly like it, but I remember 1 Basschatter (MB1) fell in love with it at first sight.....

The bass is a 1999/2000 serial number and the neck is amazing and a beauty to play (as you'd expect from a Stingray).

I decided I wanted to get it refinished, so I asked the Guitar Doctor (ex-Patrick Eggle) to do the work for me. The colour I chose was a Bright Amber Metallic that I'd seen on a 1954 Studebaker (pic attached) and the match in colour is amazing. The quality of the work is stunning too.

The reason I sold it on is basically after getting all the work done, I was afraid to use it. Doh!!

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='the_house123' post='154757' date='Mar 10 2008, 06:10 PM']Wow, that is such a nice bass. If i had £600 to hand it would be a sin not to take that off your hands.
Unless of course you fancy trading it for a 92 fender Jazz....i doubt it. :)

Good luck with that sale matey![/quote]

I got a sweet fender p-bass!
Muy Grande (Rio Grande) pick ups
Bad Ass 2 Bridge
Just had it set up and Shiznet
Sun Burst with Black PickGaurd

www.myspace.com/Thegrimkid
i think i have a picture there.

Its located In Canada but i'm willing to pay shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='163244' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:44 PM']Go on...........it's calling you.

"Martin, Martin. I am your destiny.......So True, Funny how it seems........"[/quote]

MB1. :)
"To cut a long story short..........im not inclined!" :huh: