Why become a member? ×

Lakland Duck Dunn - SOLD

bassatnight

[b]2008 Duck Dunn With upgraded pre-amp[/b]

Hi,

Despite this being the best P I have owned I am afraid that I need to go back to a fretless for a new project I am now working on.

I bought this bass 6 weeks ago from Chandler guitars and it was already upgraded with a pre-amp. It was professionaly done and a better job I have yet to see.
The bass is immacualte without a scratch or blemish and the neck is very jazz like.

The range of tones is astonishing. The Dunn's seem a bit rare these day's.

The bass only comes with a gig bag and thus I would prefer the potential buyer to collect it rather than ship but happy to wrap it fit for a nuclear attack if you require it shipping (at your cost)

I am looking at £550 for it.

[b]Tradewise:[/b]

A fretless USA Precision, must be an original Fretless and not a defretted. Anyone who feels a need to trade for a Fretless Wal or Pedulla - no problem ;o)

Please PM for Pics..

Edited by bassatnight

Can you tell me what the preamp is, and what the knobs do?

Ive had 3 DD's and these are fantastic basses. Im selling my amp today and am very tempted by this. I would need posting though as im in central london with no transport and a full time job.
Saying that, im sure i could get a train out to you if its feasible.

I expect this will sell very quickly.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='bassatnight' post='1331406' date='Aug 7 2011, 09:28 PM']Hi,

To be honest I am not sure what the pre-amp is bar opening her up. I have mailed Chandlers for confirmation.

Cheers,
Steve.[/quote]

Cheers steve.
Im very interested although i stil need to sell my amp (hopefulyl by tuesday) before i can afford it, and im sure someone else will get it first.

I'd be very interested if you could tell me if it can be run in passive mode as well.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1331964' date='Aug 8 2011, 12:57 PM']Dave, I saw this thread and was about to let you know about this bass but looks like you are already on the case. Hope you sell your amp and bag this bass as I know you miss your old Duck Dunn.[/quote]

Yeah, i do miss it (them) and if i dont get this one i might place a wanted add.

The head should be sold tonight so i have the money, i just need a bit more info about the pre amp. Im not really after an active P but im not against it either.

This is a fantastic price so im sure it will go very quickly.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1332056' date='Aug 8 2011, 01:41 PM']Dave you love these DD's![/quote]

Yep, its the fact that its a plain and simple P bass with a very classy looking jazz neck (IMO).
probably the closest i will get to an off the peg P bass that has the same type of neck as my CV P at the moment.

Im still not 100% with Fiesta red so have been looking around for a replacement but to be honest i hadn't thought of looking for another DD.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1331981' date='Aug 8 2011, 01:05 PM']Yeah, i do miss it (them) and if i dont get this one i might place a wanted add.

The head should be sold tonight so i have the money, i just need a bit more info about the pre amp. Im not really after an active P but im not against it either.

This is a fantastic price so im sure it will go very quickly.[/quote]

As its a great price, could you not revert it back to standard by removing the pre amp if you did not like it?

[quote name='Linus27' post='1332074' date='Aug 8 2011, 01:50 PM']As its a great price, could you not revert it back to standard by removing the pre amp if you did not like it?[/quote]

I have been thinking of a P-Retro at some point, but was holding off putting it in the CV as im pretty sure its not a keeper (due only to the colour) so im not against a pre amp, but i do want something that doesn't rely on having a battery in it to work.

Edited by dave_bass5

Ok, I have just been offered a Fender P Fretless to buy - I need to sell this baby quite quickly, I will take [b]£500 plus shipping costs[/b], I will be putting on E-Bay tonight as I need to sell by Thursday.

Ta,

Steve.

Morning Dave,

I am trying to send you a PM but cannot?

Hi Dave,

The knobs appear to be Volume and three tonal changes, if the three knobs are bottom the bass seems to be passive, moving the switches towards the middle the bass the tone appears to be boosted and active? If I remove the battery the bass is dead regardless of knob positioning.

Cheers,

Steve.

[quote name='bassatnight' post='1333198' date='Aug 9 2011, 08:53 AM']Morning Dave,

I am trying to send you a PM but cannot?

Hi Dave,

The knobs appear to be Volume and three tonal changes, if the three knobs are bottom the bass seems to be passive, moving the switches towards the middle the bass the tone appears to be boosted and active? If I remove the battery the bass is dead regardless of knob positioning.

Cheers,

Steve.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Steve. Im still in two minds im afraid, while i do want it im not 100% on the pre amp unless i know what it is.
Sorry if im messing you about, please dont wait for me if you need to shift it quickly.

No worries Dave, I quite understand it's a lot of dosh to shell out to you need to get exactly what your after. I will call Chandlers and see if I can get an answer.

I am going to E-bay now though as the fretless I am after will be gone by the weekend.

Cheers,

Steve.

Cheers Steve.
Its not so much the cost, its weather i will have a bass im not 100% happy with. Having owned these before i know exactly what to expect from a passive version, but if the pre amp is a bit naff or cheap then it will need more money spent on it. Plus i would want a black PG on and that 4th knob might cause a bit of extra hassle.
Im sure im worrying unnecessarily but if the pre amp is, say a Bartoloni NTMB or something ive heard off im quite happy to buy it.

Good luck with the Fretless.

Edited by dave_bass5