Why become a member? ×

Lakland Duck Dunn - SOLD

bassatnight

[quote name='bassatnight' post='1334300' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:20 PM']Hi Dave,

To be honest I would rather not open her up, she is mint without a mark.
I think they were using Lindy's in 2008 but don't hold me to it.

Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve, are you not comfortable taking the pickguard off and having a look? Totally understand if not. I just know Dave is very serious about this bass and really regrets selling the two he had. It might get you a sale if you could find out what the pre amp is but understand if not comfortable tinkering.

[quote name='bassatnight' post='1334300' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:20 PM']Hi Dave,

To be honest I would rather not open her up, she is mint without a mark.
I think they were using Lindy's in 2008 but don't hold me to it.

Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve.
I totally understand. My last DD was also a 2008 and had a Hanson in it, i really hated it so that's why i asked. Its not a deal breaker but the fact that i dont know what the pre is is still putting me off.

I realsie that Chandlers havent got back, and im not sure if they would know if they brought it off someone else already upgraded.

I have decided, based on the above to look for a stock DD (and have placed a wanted add) but good luck with the sale.

@Michael. Here i go again ;-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1334336' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:48 PM']Hi Steve.
I totally understand. My last DD was also a 2008 and had a Hanson in it, i really hated it so that's why i asked. Its not a deal breaker but the fact that i dont know what the pre is is still putting me off.

I realsie that Chandlers havent got back, and im not sure if they would know if they brought it off someone else already upgraded.

I have decided, based on the above to look for a stock DD (and have placed a wanted add) but good luck with the sale.

@Michael. Here i go again ;-)[/quote]

Dave, when I think of the Lakland Duck Dunn I always think of you despite owning one myself :) You are not complete with a Duck Dunn :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1334342' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:50 PM']Dave, when I think of the Lakland Duck Dunn I always think of you despite owning one myself :) You are not complete with a Duck Dunn :)[/quote]

LOL, yeah, i think its the one ive felt the most comfortable on. I was going through a Stingray/SUB phase when i got the last one so it didnt really stand a chance.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1334345' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:55 PM']LOL, yeah, i think its the one ive felt the most comfortable on. I was going through a Stingray/SUB phase when i got the last one so it didnt really stand a chance.[/quote]

I am well and truely in the Stingray camp at the moment. It sounds stunning through my MarkBass combo. Anyway, don't let me influence you, you must go back to a Duck Dunn. You seemed the happiest when you had one.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1334347' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:57 PM']I am well and truely in the Stingray camp at the moment. It sounds stunning through my MarkBass combo. Anyway, don't let me influence you, you must go back to a Duck Dunn. You seemed the happiest when you had one.[/quote]

Well after 11 months with my CV P i now realize i do like P basses, so now is the time to get something that looks a bit nicer. Fiesta red.....yuck, metallic CAR....sweet.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1334347' date='Aug 9 2011, 10:57 PM']I am well and truely in the Stingray camp at the moment. It sounds stunning through my MarkBass combo. Anyway, don't let me influence you, you must go back to a Duck Dunn. You seemed the happiest when you had one.[/quote]

Well after 11 months with my CV P i now realize i do like P basses, so now is the time to get something that looks a bit nicer. Fiesta red.....yuck, metallic CAR....sweet.

SOLD - Pending Payment[quote name='bassatnight' post='1330878' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:58 PM'][b]2008 Duck Dunn With upgraded pre-amp[/b]

Hi,

Despite this being the best P I have owned I am afraid that I need to go back to a fretless for a new project I am now working on.

I bought this bass 6 weeks ago from Chandler guitars and it was already upgraded with a pre-amp. It was professionaly done and a better job I have yet to see.
The bass is immacualte without a scratch or blemish and the neck is very jazz like.

The range of tones is astonishing. The Dunn's seem a bit rare these day's.

The bass only comes with a gig bag and thus I would prefer the potential buyer to collect it rather than ship but happy to wrap it fit for a nuclear attack if you require it shipping (at your cost)

I am looking at £550 for it.

[b]Tradewise:[/b]

A fretless USA Precision, must be an original Fretless and not a defretted. Anyone who feels a need to trade for a Fretless Wal or Pedulla - no problem ;o)

Please PM for Pics..[/quote]