Why become a member? ×

Is anybody truly happy?

nottswarwick

Been totally happy with Fender Bassman 135 rig for nearly 15 years now. It's just a great platform from which to build pretty much any sound I want. It delivers the sound of the instrument very clearly. I have a bass from 60s, 70s, 80s and 00s. Each produces the sound of its era. Also the Bassman head is awesome as a guitar amp. So I get 2 for price of one.

Oh did I mention the amp cost me £70 from Admag, the 1x15 cab I use was £100 and the 2x15 was £225.

I am v happy with this arrangement!

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1319402857' post='1413800']
Am I Happy with my Rig?

Damn Straight. Been round the block with Amps, MarkBass to Ea to GK to TC .... and back to MarkBass.
The EAD Foundation 212 was the misiing link. Stunning Cab and i've stopped looking.
A MarkBass SA450, (with a Little Mark II as back-up), and EAD Foundation 212 and a pair of Zoot Cabs as back-up.
The GAS Account has now hit stupid levels as the 2xACG's are taking care of the Bass end.
[/quote]

I was about to write that I'm happy with my setup, but then I came accross this post and now I'm experiencing a serious gas attack for cabs I haven't even seen nor heard. :)

Eden RS400 head and Eden 410xst cab. Had the head about 5 years now, and upgraded my cab from a Laney 410 earlier this year. Still have the Laney, nothing wrong with it, like the sound, the Eden just gives...more. Can't see me changing anytime soon, might get a class D head as a backup if the gig situation gets intense enough, as long as its small and light I'm not bothered what it is.

Overall? yeah I'm happy.

Good question!... over the last 20 years i have had 3 good quality bass rigs(previous to these i had quite a few secondhand rigs of which blew up or were cheap and nasty!) The first one was my Hartke 2000.This was one mean amp,very powerful and built like a tank!i had it for 15 years and simply wore it out a very good amp for its time.
The second was a Trace Elliot 1210 & 1518c rig.Great sound but bloody heavy.I wanted one of these for years but was never able to afford one.This amp packed up on me within 3 years due due static inside the amp causing arcing across the board and blowing everything up and writing it off....i was gutted.As much as i loved the sound it produced i couldnt trust buying another one.
The amp i used now is a Rebelhead450 with rs210 and the trace 1518c bin.This proves to be a very powerful amp and easy to use.I plan on keeping this for a long time,it does what i want it to do and its very light and easy to manage.A great bit of kit!