Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL112 Series 2 connection confusion

andydye

[quote name='andydye' post='1326517' date='Aug 4 2011, 09:32 AM']but it will still be all Epi rather than part Maplin...[/quote]
Both probably come form the same factory in china ;-)

I do understand though. When i had my UL212 i ended up having to plug most of the handle screw holes and replaced both drivers (it went from a series I to a series II), all within the first month or so of owning it. It was a brand new cab but just didn't feel like it after i had done that work.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1326650' date='Aug 4 2011, 11:26 AM']I’m glad the problem has been identified. Talk to Alex. He might be able to come up with a solution which means you don't have to drive 400 miles.[/quote]
Yeah, if Epifani are footing the bill im sure there will be no need to drive anywhere.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1326652' date='Aug 4 2011, 11:27 AM']Both probably come from the same factory in china ;-)

I do understand though. When i had my UL212 i ended up having to plug most of the handle screw holes and replaced both drivers (it went from a series I to a series II), all within the first month or so of owning it. It was a brand new cab but just didn't feel like it after i had done that work.

Yeah, if Epifani are footing the bill im sure there will be no need to drive anywhere.[/quote]

They probably do come from the same factory, Alex thinks he's actually sending the whole backplate rather than just a speakon connector tho...

I'm no gonna be driving anywhere matey, Alex will be arranging collection of my cab for the repairs (which he'll do as quickly as possible) and will then be sending it back to me...only bummer is there isn't a cab for me to use in the meantime!

I dont feel comfortable with all this.
If i brought a new cab and it didnt work (again) i would insist on a new one that did, or a refund. If the cab has to travel to London, sit in a workshop and then travel back who knows how long that will take and what damage it might receive (not at the Gallery of course).

I would expect at least a loaner cab while it was away.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1326679' date='Aug 4 2011, 11:48 AM']I know this is a bad situation but those cabs are so good they will be worth the wait. And later on, 2 will sound wonderful.[/quote]

Thanks matey, I do love the sound and am really looking forward to hearing 2 together at some point!

Anyone wanna buy a Les Paul Studio common/garden electric guitar?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1326689' date='Aug 4 2011, 11:54 AM']I dont feel comfortable with all this.
If i brought a new cab and it didnt work (again) i would insist on a new one that did, or a refund. If the cab has to travel to London, sit in a workshop and then travel back who knows how long that will take and what damage it might receive (not at the Gallery of course).

I would expect at least a loaner cab while it was away.[/quote]

I don't want to push too hard cos they did me a magnificent p/x price and I think I have to give them an opportunity to put it right before I request a refund/replacement but I do obviously really need a cab in the time between!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1326792' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:38 PM']+ 1 Dave. Id be tempted to ask for a brand new cabinet. Its a lot of fuss over a new product. I can imagine its frustrating.[/quote]

For me its the extra hassle involved, and the fact that a cab is, or might be needed during the time its away.

I do understand the OP's position though, and if he is happy with whats going down then thats what counts. Im sure its no big deal if the cab isn't fixed asap anyway so maybe the OP could arrange for it to be sent away later on in the year. Im sure Alex would be cool with that.

so...

It was a faulty batch from Epifani, they're sending over the replacement parts for the whole lot (mine included), my cab will be collected from me and returned post haste repaired...I do mercifully have a gap between gigs coming up which will fit nicely

[quote name='obbm' post='1337299' date='Aug 12 2011, 09:52 AM']Glad to hear that this is being sorted however it does make me question the competence of the Gallery in understanding the equipment they sell.[/quote]

...it doesn't seem quite right does it, Alex had assumed that one side was out only, when I pointed out that this was electrically very difficult he agreed and then looked puzzled...

"Alex Carter is the manager of The Gallery. After five successful years as manager of the Bass Centre Alex joined The Gallery in 2003.
In addition to being an expert bass player he has extensive contacts within the music industry and has developed the portfolio of well known and highly regarded esoteric instruments, amplifiers and accessories from around the globe.
No matter what you require, Alex is the person to guide you to your next purchase"

Both times I've been in there he's been cheerful but has seemed a bit harrassed, maybe his concentration is not so good just now?