Why become a member? ×

Cheap Grabber Project

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Grabber-Bass-Project-Vintage-1975-Gibson-/140582620383?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20bb608cdf#ht_500wt_947"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Grabber-B...df#ht_500wt_947[/url]

If I lived up north, and had £245 I would be all over this in a second.

But I'm not, and I don't :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1316912' date='Jul 26 2011, 12:42 PM']Okay, but if it was a similar aged Fender in that condition it would probably be a great deal more no?[/quote]
It's hard to say mate (I don't really get the vintage Fender thing) but I once bought a '70s Fender P body off here for £30-40 ... ok yes it wasn't being sold as such and turned out to have been modified but it was a scoop.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1316932' date='Jul 26 2011, 12:55 PM']It's hard to say mate (I don't really get the vintage Fender thing) but I once bought a '70s Fender P body off here for £30-40 ... ok yes it wasn't being sold as such and turned out to have been modified but it was a scoop.[/quote]

Nicely played sir. *hat doff*

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1317227' date='Jul 26 2011, 03:54 PM']The seller also has a pretty f*cked 62 RI Foto Flame for sale which he describes as [i]"a superb example"[/i]. :)[/quote]

Hi both basses are mine and in as you can see they are both very much open to offers! :) The Jazz was on here but no interest, the problem with the Jazz is just lacquer cracking the neck is lovely.
The Grabber could be a bit of fun for someone and was a 'speculative' ie cheeky BIN but again open to offers - if you read the ad it says that the neck/tuners are thrown in for free I just had it knocking around so it could be a good template for a new neck or stripped and refinished and used. I bought the body from the US and it cost me a few quid and quite a bit to import it, the other parts were from a defunct Grabber that somebody had taken a hatchet to....I was going to part the lot out but thought someone might fancy a challenge!

[quote name='ash' post='1317369' date='Jul 26 2011, 05:33 PM']Hi both basses are mine and in as you can see they are both very much open to offers! :) The Jazz was on here but no interest, the problem with the Jazz is just lacquer cracking the neck is lovely.
The Grabber could be a bit of fun for someone and was a 'speculative' ie cheeky BIN but again open to offers - if you read the ad it says that the neck/tuners are thrown in for free I just had it knocking around so it could be a good template for a new neck or stripped and refinished and used. I bought the body from the US and it cost me a few quid and quite a bit to import it, the other parts were from a defunct Grabber that somebody had taken a hatchet to....I was going to part the lot out but thought someone might fancy a challenge![/quote]
Whoops I'll remove my post.