Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Look what followed me home from Florida

markbass555

Just back from Florida and look what followed me home. Tried to shush it away a few times but it wouldnt listen :) ..pesky thing so had to give it a new home :)
Its a Fender custom shop 55P bass in blue metal flake and it has been lighlty reliced.

Edited by markbass555

[quote name='markbass555' post='1312601' date='Jul 22 2011, 12:16 PM']Its a custom shop 55p bass in blue metal flake and it has been lighlty reliced.[/quote]

I read that and my first thought was "Blimey! That's cheap!"
:)

Lovely looking bass!

[quote name='markbass555' post='1312601' date='Jul 22 2011, 12:16 PM']Just back from Florida and look what followed me home. Tried to shush it away a few times but it wouldnt listen :) ..pesky thing so had to give it a new home :)
Its a Fender custom shop 55P bass in blue metal flake and it has been lighlty reliced.

[/quote]

Nice bass, odd that it has a rosewood board though??

Thanks for all the comments guys. I agree with what has been said about the rosewood board that was a big issue for me as wether to buy it or not as it wasnt period correct. But The finish is stunning a nice subtle checking to the paint work and it is also very light. As far as I know it was a one of commission for Bass Club in Chicago who very kindly shipped it to my hotel in Florida. I have just had it set up and the frets dressed and it plays and sounds awesome.