Why become a member? ×

BENAVENTE style singlecut Custom hand-made neckthrough bass, 5 string walnut, price drop

THIRSTYGUMS

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here for sale is my hand-made custom, made by me and lightly played, "benny" (with the greatest respect in the world) benavente style set/neckthrough bass:

Walnut singlecut body
set neck
8 PIECE maple/purpleheart set neck
active electronics (vol active/passive push pull pot, blend, bass+ -, mid + -, mid frequency sweep, treble + -)[/font]

[size=4][color=#000000]the bass is 34" scale and weighs between 4 to 4.5 kg (same weight as my fender standard p)[/color]
[color=#000000]neck width at nut-48mm / 12th fret-65mm / 24th fret-74mm.[/color]
[color=#000000]string spacing 10.5mm at nut, 16mm at bridge.[/color]
[color=#000000]i dont have my calipers handy but the neck is a medium depth like a modern fender and has a assymetrical profile, i.e. its oval "c" shape on the E/B side and more of a soft "V" shape on the treble side of the neck. radius is a nice shallow 16" non compound[/color][/size]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Made in Northern Ireland U.K. (no import tax nastyness for us europeans)
this is the 6th bass/guitar i have made, completed 2009, and is a high quality instrument. Rigid and solid and made with the best of woods, lightly finished in a satin poly, It absolutely sings amped and unplugged, and even though i have basic artec electronics in it, it zings like the best of the boutique basses so Its crying out for some handwound humbuckers.
Everyone says it but in this case its true- really pains me to sell this. Needs must. [size=5][color=#FF0000]£499[/color][/size][size=4][b][color=#FF0000] !!!![/color][/b][/size]! open to offers and customisation ideas within reason
Any questions please feel free to ask away[/font]

Edited by THIRSTYGUMS

[quote name='k-sad' post='1311322' date='Jul 21 2011, 11:18 AM']Same here, this is beautiful...

What's the pre again?

Any soundclips?[/quote]

Its the Artec se3p
[url="http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/index.html"]http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/index.html[/url]
ts a great wee preamp, i challenge anyone to tell it apart from a duncan or fender etc active circuit!

ill get soundclips sorted out tonight

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='THIRSTYGUMS' post='1328169' date='Aug 5 2011, 02:11 AM'][size=5][color="#FF0000"]WAS ASKING £850 NOW asking £650 !!!![/color] really have to sell this guys, get it now [/size][/quote]

I'm not a fan of singlecuts but I have to say that this is just stunning & I love the shaping you've done on the back.

Hope you get what you're asking for it.

• 1 year later...

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]the bass is 34" scale and weighs between 4 to 4.5 Kgs (same weight as my fender standard p)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]neck width at nut-48mm / 12th fret-65mm / 24th fret-74mm.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]string spacing 10.5mm at nut, 16mm at bridge.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]i dont have my calipers handy but the neck is a medium depth like a modern fender and has a assymetrical profile, i.e. its oval "c" shape on the E/B side and more of a soft "V" shape on the treble side of the neck. radius is a nice shallow 16" non compound[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]im absolutely willing to ship her[/size][/font][/color]