Why become a member? ×

Mii Bass

dan670844

Anyone tried one. A friend heard one at Musikmesse said it sounded very rich and detailed and punchy. Not seen any live demos etc. They should sell like hot cakes if you look at the quality of components the unique features etc but not much hype or rumble. Discuss

Ha ha Edit I am a Dumb Fk....

Edited by dan670844

I found the Musikmesse demo by Dan Gooday rather underwhelming. Ashdown could take a leaf out of TCE's book for publicity and keeping the hype going.

The fact that it delivers full power into 4 or 8 ohms is interesting and could be a good USP

Edited by DirkThrust

I think it's not available until August - although you can pre-order it from shops.

Edit : At the end of this vid the Ashdown bloke says August [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WxqwEfRUE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8WxqwEfRUE[/url]

Edited by gjones

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1310893' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:03 PM']I think its lack of sale is down to Ashdown's previous small head offerings,[/quote]

I think it's lack of sale is due to it not being released yet.

I can understand Ashdown expanding their range to try and compete in the lightweight market - but these things look pretty naff. Where's that awesome vintage look ?! They've shoved a VU meter in because it's their signature thing but it looks a bit out of place with the rest of the design. I like Ashdown for their classic appearances but this isn't really them, for me.

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1310893' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:03 PM']I think its lack of sale is down to Ashdown's previous small head offerings, which were in all fairness, pure sh*te, and thats coming from an Ashdown fan. I'll admit, i have had a limited experience with the superfly and little giant, but the concensus seems the same.

Liam[/quote]

In fairness, some folk say that the earlier ashdown d class amps were innovative and pretty good, for the time. Also, it seems that a lot of the recent ashdown gear has really hit the spot. So, given that they've got early expeience in the class d market, and quietly finessing things in R+D for some time, it could be killer. Personally I wish it was a bit bigger, cos I don't like fiddly gear - but maybe I'm missing the point on that!