Why become a member? ×

Hardcase Damaged

butlerk02

Claim on your insurance and then sell it to me......!

Seriously tho' if you fancy having a go at straightening out, lay it on the floor open with the open side down (both outersides up) place a peice of wood under the bent part ( to raise it off the floor) and then apply body pressure (staright arms leaning down on it either side of the bend) to straighten the metal support.....

Should work...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='150565' date='Mar 3 2008, 07:51 PM']Claim on your insurance and then sell it to me......!

Seriously tho' if you fancy having a go at straightening out, lay it on the floor open with the open side down (both outersides up) place a peice of wood under the bent part ( to raise it off the floor) and then apply body pressure (staright arms leaning down on it either side of the bend) to straighten the metal support.....

Should work...[/quote]

Cheers Burpster, will give it a go.

[quote name='martthebass' post='150716' date='Mar 3 2008, 10:26 PM']They are seriously crap (if the one with my precision is anything to go by). Do yourself a favour and spend £50 on a decent Gator case.....[/quote]

I know they are crap.

I bought a Hiscox for my Lakland and the difference between the two is unreal. You can jump up and down on a Hiscox and not worry about it.

I think i'm just going to buy another one TBH and burn the Fender one.

Edited by butlerk02

I've just got off the phone with Dawsons music and they have agreed to replace it with a new one as Fender have a few left over in stock. The guy said Fender have stopped using these cases now. I wonder why?

Think I'll sell it and get another Hiscox.

Aren't the new American Standards shipping with fancy stackable SKB cases?

I'm glad my Stingray came in a proper case, bought it in Australia, and it survived the baggage handlers best attempts from Adelaie, via Hong Kong, Heathrow and Manchester. I did see them [i]actually[/i] throw it when they were unloading at Heathrow..... I'd have ran out there and singlehandedly destroyed them all, if it hadn't been likely I'd get shot at as a potential terrorist or something :)