Why become a member? ×

Promethean Combo P5110

Jesso

Hey folks,

Looking to change my cabs, so I need to put this up for sale or trade.
Bought from Thomann on the 13th of May (so it's nearly brand new).
I've gigged it about 20 times, and it's a marvelous little box. Very capable for it's size.... but there's already been plenty written about it elsewhere.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/ibanez-promethean-incredible-681698/"]Ibanez promethean review[/url]

I modified the strap on the bag because it wasn't up to the job (see photos).
I used this combo in plenty of different situations - Stand alone, with an extension cab, and powering 2 x GS112 cabs. I rate the head over my old LM2, and I've never had such a small combo that was so capable.

There is one small bit of damage (you might just be able to make it out in the photos) on the top of the cab, and another ding hardly worth mentioning (you probably won't spot it in the photos). I would describe the damage as very minor cosmetic damage.

I reckon I'm probably one of the first people to move one of these on, so there's been no precedent set for second hand value yet.
I paid £578 only 2 months ago, so I'm tentatively asking for £420 plus postage costs (I'm in Dublin Ireland).
Ideally, someone will have a suitable trade, but I'm not holding out too much hope cos I'm pretty specific about what I want.

I'm looking for cabs primarily. Barefaced, Accugroove, or Acme. If you happen to have any of that let me know!
I could also be tempted for the right sandberg california!

I have cash to add to any potential deal.

Here's a few snaps, I'll take some better ones next week.

Edited by Jesso

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1308432' date='Jul 18 2011, 09:05 PM']Dammit I just bought one of these at the weekend!

Awesome little amp, have a free bump[/quote]

Thanks Evil.
I love this amp, but we're traveling mainly in the van these days, so I can afford to run something a bit bigger usually.
If I had to use public transport or had a small car, this would be my go to amp. The size/weight/volume ratio is the best in it's class I reckon. I owned a minimark for a while and that was almost useless next to this.

[quote name='Jesso' post='1309726' date='Jul 19 2011, 09:58 PM']Not an enormous amount of interest though. Have I priced it fairly enough?[/quote]

If it went straight away you'd be thinking you priced it too low.

It's probably just that no one is looking for one at the moment but that could change at any time. You only posted the original ad 3 days ago.

[quote name='DirkThrust' post='1310271' date='Jul 20 2011, 01:30 PM']If it went straight away you'd be thinking you priced it too low.

It's probably just that no one is looking for one at the moment but that could change at any time. You only posted the original ad 3 days ago.[/quote]

Yer probably right. Patience grasshopper and all that.
Bump for possible trades.... hit me up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi
after my headlite swr, my Genz Benz 600, genz Benz 900, Epifani perf 400....... this is the best mini head I owened. Don't look for more... at the half price of the others, this sound so loud and so good, you wont need anything else. The combo has some limitations, but the head it's excelent.
good luck with the sale
cheers