Why become a member? ×

Orchestral Scores

lowdown

Great site here for plenty of Classical Orchestrations.
Full scores / Individual instruments [+ lots of Double Bass charts]
Accompanying MP3's / PDF's / some Sibelius & Finale parts / Music XML files / Post script files.
Its all here - go get... :)

[url="http://icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Beethoven.php"]Orchestral Goodies[/url]

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1306199' date='Jul 16 2011, 09:28 PM']That looks great Garry, I shall be getting my teeth into that![/quote]

Well You are going to need plenty of sets of false teeth then Jake,
Bucket loads of stuff on that site.

Garry

As a 'cellist myself I appreciate the Thomas Beecham quote! I also remember playing for Vilem Tausky - conductor of the Carl Rosa Opera, many years ago when he leaned over to the Cello section and told us that we were "grovelling like 'verms'".

Towards the end of his life (he lived until he was 91), when he was still conducting us he got very short sighted. At a particularly warm rehearsal in Harlech he asked would the chap in the red jumper please open the fire doors to let some air in. He was unfortunately talking to a fire extinguisher!

He was, for all that, a true gentleman and a pleasure to play for.

Thanks for the link,

LC

[quote name='LemonCello' post='1310701' date='Jul 20 2011, 07:14 PM']As a 'cellist myself I appreciate the Thomas Beecham quote! I also remember playing for Vilem Tausky - conductor of the Carl Rosa Opera, many years ago when he leaned over to the Cello section and told us that we were "grovelling like 'verms'".
LC[/quote]

:)

Ah, Mr Beecham, Master of acid tongue and devastating wit. Not to mention his sideshow, Ace at carving.
:)

Garry