Why become a member? ×

EBS Unichorus v Boss CE-5 and the rest

tonyclaret

Hi,

I am looking for a chorus pedal, these two seem to be quite popular. The EBS is a flanger also which is kinda swinging me in that direction, and i own a number of ebs pedals already so know the quality.

Any thoughts peeps? Alternatives? anything to offer?

Cheers
Tony

Edited by tonyclaret

I've had a couple of Boss chorus pedals (CE2B and CE3B) and they were OK. Since getting an EBS I'm using it a whole lot more. Just seems to have a more 'open' top end (if that makes any sense) and are way more versatile. I'd go for the EBS.

ive got a ce-5 for me much better than the ceb-3 really nice thick chorus, and very little low end loss and also has stereo outs which makes it sound huge!

not tried the the ebs but im guessing its true bypass? which the boss isnt, not that that bothers me on bit! build quality boss units are built like tanks!

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

I've been a Unichorus user for a while.. in fact its the only pedal I own 2 of! Lovely lush sound. Has a natural 'top end' as well as the low end retention you'd expect. Flanger sounds fantastic as well.

The only flanger I've used that I preferred was the old brown Boss BF-2B (which was lovely) - But this comes a close second, paired with a top class Chorus tone. EBS Unichorus = WIN!

I've been using the EBS for a few years now and picked it over the Boss purely on a tone decision (but it was a close run thing). I particularly like the pitch modulation and flange options and the internal dry/wet trim pot is very useful for fine tuning your preferred sound.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1305374' date='Jul 16 2011, 12:25 AM']I've been a Unichorus user for a while.. in fact its the only pedal I own 2 of! Lovely lush sound. Has a natural 'top end' as well as the low end retention you'd expect. Flanger sounds fantastic as well.

The only flanger I've used that I preferred was the old brown Boss BF-2B (which was lovely) - But this comes a close second, paired with a top class Chorus tone. EBS Unichorus = WIN![/quote]

Two? That's just pure gluttony!! Ha ha must be good!

[quote name='tonyclaret' post='1306079' date='Jul 16 2011, 06:39 PM']Two? That's just pure gluttony!! Ha ha must be good![/quote]

Yeah. One on my main board at the studio & one at home on my mini board.

I have my eye on the new Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux (even though it's price has been announced at $599 in the US) but already have plans to migrate the Unichorus to the mini board and have 2 on it for some lovely lush wibblyness... Either way... It's a keeper!