Why become a member? ×

5 string sei (jazz shaped) bass for sale! stunning flame maple top.

Ewan

Hey folks,

Ive been using my sei bass for a good few years now an have since bought a sadowsky. the sei just isnt leaving the house anymore and i am really just enquiring to see if anyone would be interested. its in mint condition and has had a sadowsky pre amp professionally fitted also. I have the original pre amp for sei with option to refit. its a flame maple quilted jazz bass. birdseye maple fret board and flame maple neck. the body is swamp ash and is very light!
I would be looking ideally for £1300 on nearest offer.

I am regretfully letting it go but have no room in the house to hold onto it.

[attachment=6530:02032008002.jpg]

[attachment=6531:02032008003.jpg]

[attachment=6529:02032008001.jpg]

[attachment=6532:02032008004.jpg]

Cheers!

Ewan

Edited by Ewan
img tags added by kiwi

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO CRY!!! that is stunning. I really really want a sei at the moment and was just wondering what the scale is and what is the neck and string spacing like. Is it stingray 5 kinda neck or wide fender 5 style neck? it is seriously lovely and I am trying to find things to sell as we speak.

Many thanks have a bump.

Hey mate! sorry about the late reply.

i think the string spacing is 18.5mm at the bridge and the scale is 34"
the neck is definately more musicman than fender but shallower and faster. it really is fantastic to play and it is an amazing looking bass. It sounds incredible with the sadowsky preamp too!
if you are interested please get back in touch or if you have any questions.

hope to hear from you soon.

Ewan

Hey Thanks for getting back with the info. It is stunning but after looking around at stingrays for sale, they dont seem to be shifting very well especially on ebay. Im thinking about taking the plunge to sell on here or ebay, as I want something new but Im not willing to lose a lot of money on it as I'm sure you will undertand. If I get the funds sorted and the bass sold I will be getting in touch very quickly.
If I were to order a custom shop it would look like this bass....Good luck with your sale (and possibly mine).

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ewan' post='149775' date='Mar 2 2008, 12:08 PM']Hey folks,

Ive been using my sei bass for a good few years now an have since bought a sadowsky. the sei just isnt leaving the house anymore and i am really just enquiring to see if anyone would be interested. its in mint condition and has had a sadowsky pre amp professionally fitted also. I have the original pre amp for sei with option to refit. its a flame maple quilted jazz bass. birdseye maple fret board and flame maple neck. the body is swamp ash and is very light!
I would be looking ideally for £1500 on nearest offer.

I am regretfully letting it go but have no room in the house to hold onto it.

if you click these links you should get some pictures of my bass.

[url="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/damnyouvilewoman666/02032008004.jpg"]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dam...02032008004.jpg[/url]

[url="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/damnyouvilewoman666/02032008003.jpg"]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dam...02032008003.jpg[/url]

[url="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/damnyouvilewoman666/02032008002.jpg"]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dam...02032008002.jpg[/url]

[url="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/damnyouvilewoman666/02032008001.jpg"]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dam...02032008001.jpg[/url]

Cheers!

Ewan[/quote]

Hi Ewan

A fellow Fifer, welcome to BC.
Out of curiosity, that's not Gil's old Sei Jazz is it ?

If it helps, I've sold a couple of Sei Jazzes in the past and never got near to the £1500 your asking for.
I see the Gallery have a pre-owned Sei at £1350 just now (which includes the 15% commission) just to give an indication of market value.

Good luck with the sale though. I still love Sei's, way better than Sadowsky ;0)

Stephen

Hi Ewan

Don`t worry about the price on this one, it was owned by a FUNKY ASS bassist and has appeared on numerous recordings, in fact it should be going for double the price! " Oh you know i`m joking" but seriously, this bass can stand toe to toe with most, i think he`d still have it but doesn`t have the room due to having way to many Sadowsky`s. You can`t beat a sei! "as long as it has a Sadowsky pre-amp fitted that is" and this one has sooo BUY,BUY,BUY,BUY,BUY.

[quote name='gilbass' post='172288' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:54 PM']Hi Ewan

Don`t worry about the price on this one, it was owned by a FUNKY ASS bassist and has appeared on numerous recordings, in fact it should be going for double the price! " Oh you know i`m joking" but seriously, this bass can stand toe to toe with most, i think he`d still have it but doesn`t have the room due to having way to many Sadowsky`s. You can`t beat a sei! "as long as it has a Sadowsky pre-amp fitted that is" and this one has sooo BUY,BUY,BUY,BUY,BUY.[/quote]

What's the deal with this? You signed up today to make one post about a bass of which you have some knowledge of previous owners? Obviously i'm not accusing anyone here, there's always an explaination, but it does look like the OP signed up under another name to plug his sale.

in reference to the reply above...
Gilbass is actually the guy who owned the bass prior to me and has a wide knowledge on sei.
the post is obviously worded tonge and cheek about himself being the previous owner hense "FUNKY ASS bassist"
he is a colleague of mine and have gone back a long way.
two totally different people!!!
i hav openly been bumping the bass weekly so why would i go to all that bother just for one comment two days after i had already left a comment on sunday???
if anyone has any other problems with anything like this please mail me personally because then i would be able to set you straight through a message rather than a comment.

thankyou.

Ewan.

Yep, I can vouch for the last post by Ewan. Don't know Ewan personally but I certainly know Mr Gilbass !
I've tried my best to talk him out of his Sadowsky fixation for years but he's having none of it.
Nice preamps but 19mm spacing ain't all it's cracked up to be, Gil ;-)

With the hike in new Sei prices £1300's about right, in my opinion but I never got near that with my last 2 sales.

S

[quote name='largo' post='172559' date='Apr 8 2008, 07:05 PM']Yep, I can vouch for the last post by Ewan. Don't know Ewan personally but I certainly know Mr Gilbass !
I've tried my best to talk him out of his Sadowsky fixation for years but he's having none of it.
Nice preamps but 19mm spacing ain't all it's cracked up to be, Gil ;-)

With the hike in new Sei prices £1300's about right, in my opinion but I never got near that with my last 2 sales.

S[/quote]

How you doin' S?

I feel compelled to say that of course I love my Sadowskys, but they'd have 20mm string spacing if I had my way!!!!! :)

Hi Lawrie, I can't believe Gil has converted you as well.
I must admit I have been tempted but the Sadowsky I wanted was quoted at $4600 and I still have duty to pay on that, so £3K for a Jazz bass was just a bit too much. How does Gil pay his mortgage ? Is it 4 or 5 he has now?

You should have stuck to your Warwick if you wanted the extra, extra, extra wide spacing ;0)

[quote name='largo' post='174116' date='Apr 10 2008, 06:51 PM']Hi Lawrie, I can't believe Gil has converted you as well.
I must admit I have been tempted but the Sadowsky I wanted was quoted at $4600 and I still have duty to pay on that, so £3K for a Jazz bass was just a bit too much. How does Gil pay his mortgage ? Is it 4 or 5 he has now?

You should have stuck to your Warwick if you wanted the extra, extra, extra wide spacing ;0)[/quote]

Well you [i]did[/i] ask.......

I was a Sadowsky convert when Jason Newsted started playing them with Metallica back in the mid-ninties!! Once I'd become aware of the respected players of the bass world and how they also used them, I got Overwater basically to build me a jazz 5 to similar specs. Their third attempt was a beauty, but the weight deformed my neck and back (almost!) and never quite sounded like an old Fender. A friend of mine owns it now.
Once I'd visited Sadowsky's shop in Brooklyn back in 2002, it was only a matter of saving up the cash to take the plunge.
Gil got his first and he was kind enough to let me use it at Glasgow concert hall for the televised [i]Ealtain[/i] gig. When I saw and heard the broadcast I was blown away by the bottom end and the punch, and I had kept the preamp flat all night!
So now I have 2 and I swear by them for the majority of my work - recording and performing.
I still have my 2 Streamer Stage Ones because Sadowsky or any jazz bass for that matter simply can't do [i]that[/i] sound. IMHO of course.

And regards to string spacing, any less than 19mm to me now feels like a guitar!!! Must be my extra long fingers :)

• 2 weeks later...