Why become a member? ×

Which Orange bass cab sounds best?

bassgurumonster

Personally, if you can handle the weight, the OBC410 will be a much 'louder' cabinet. The SP410 is smaller, lighter, but apparently its essentially a very capable 2x10. Lots of volume out of a small box, but two of the speakers are working behind the others (isobaric).

The OBC410 is cheaper I believe, and is loud/capable, and looks fantastic. Downside? Weight.

Having not tried the isobaric 4x10 I don't know how it sounds but I know the 2x10.
It sounds like a 1x10 but with a little bit more in the low/mid-low region. Which personally you don't need with the OTB as it's very bass heavy, but still reasonably clear. I expect the 4x10 to be the same. If you do go for that make sure you mount it vertically no matter how stupid you think it looks it'll sound far more clearer and appear to be louder over having it horizontal on the floor.

The orange 4x10 is a mighty cab though, with wieght to match, but if wieght isn't an issue for you go for the OBC 4x10

depends.. if you can handle the weight.. OBC all the way

But to be honest, I think if you want something with a big sound and lighter and smaller.. the Barefaced super twelve would be much better than the SP410.. hands down

I have the sp210, but if I was going big, I'd go Barefaced 2x12.. Alot of people love it with TB

[quote name='bassgurumonster' post='1297024' date='Jul 8 2011, 12:09 PM']Im a bit old school when it comes to cabs but the obc is rated at 600wts and the spc410 is rated at 1200 wts!! confused.com :)[/quote]

75W into the OBC410 will be about as loud/fat as 300W into the SP410.

Ive used the AD200b with the OBC410 plenty of times and it is VERY VERY loud. Masses of rock n roll tone. It is quite a low end friendly cabinet as well, little but more 'ommph' down low compared to the SVT 410HE (im guessing due to the fact the Ampeg is sealed and the way they are both tuned).