Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget T for sale

Clarky

Hi all, thank you for PMs and messages. This is still on hold until the weekend. I am out of the UK right now and the Missus would kill me if she knew I had logged in to BC. However as I keep getting messages I thought I would just make this clear. So expect an update at the weekend.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1303102' date='Jul 14 2011, 12:50 AM']Markbass watts are very nice, the F1 should out put 350 watts in 8 ohm and I've had 500 supposed watts going through a midget and never noticed a volume decrease.

If the Schroeder is close in design to a S12T then the midget will be 1/2 as loud as the 1212L, the Vd of which is 330, the 1212L I'd guess around 650-700cc of Vd. The compact is just over 500cc Vd. The missing volume will be negligible in smaller room from the 2x12 to the 1x15. Still 330cc is still loud and a lot better than most 2x10 while be lighter.

I've already gone through the pros and cons against each one but can go in more depth?[/quote]

The Vd of the 1212L is likely to be in the 400-500cc range.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1303102' date='Jul 14 2011, 12:50 AM']Markbass watts are very nice, the F1 should out put 350 watts in 8 ohm and I've had 500 supposed watts going through a midget and never noticed a volume decrease.

If the Schroeder is close in design to a S12T then the midget will be 1/2 as loud as the 1212L, the Vd of which is 330, the 1212L I'd guess around 650-700cc of Vd. The compact is just over 500cc Vd. The missing volume will be negligible in smaller room from the 2x12 to the 1x15. Still 330cc is still loud and a lot better than most 2x10 while be lighter.

I've already gone through the pros and cons against each one but can go in more depth?[/quote]

Thanks very much for taking to time to explain all that (and Alex for the reply to it).

So, im not going to loose much in the way of volume, even with the mid reduction, but will gain a smoother tone. Sounds good to me.
The volume drop isnt really a problem as i dont run my head full on, so if the cab is quieter at the same point on the master that i have with the 1212L i guess i could just turn up a bit more.

Just need to sort out the finances and off we go.

• 4 weeks later...

The previous sale of this barely-used Midget T cab fell through as the tweeter housing was damaged, we believe by the courier company en route to my original buyer, Mr_Bassman (Keith).

Alex at Barefaced has kindly taken the cab back and restored it to as-new condition and is holding it for me. As I am the happy owner of a Compact this Midget is surplus to my needs and up for sale again now that it is in perfect working order. Please note the cab will be dispatched to the buyer directly from Barefaced.

As before its £475 posted including a custom padded cover. I am currently abroad with only sporadic internet access so this is more of a heads up. I will be back and able to deal with this mid-August.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1328438' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:59 AM']The previous sale of this barely-used Midget T cab fell through as the tweeter housing was damaged, we believe by the courier company en route to my original buyer, Mr_Bassman (Keith).

Alex at Barefaced has kindly taken the cab back and restored it to as-new condition and is holding it for me. As I am the happy owner of a Compact this Midget is surplus to my needs and up for sale again now that it is in perfect working order. Please note the cab will be dispatched to the buyer directly from Barefaced.

As before its £475 posted including a custom padded cover. I am currently abroad with only sporadic internet access so this is more of a heads up. I will be back and able to deal with this mid-August.[/quote]
pm'ed