Why become a member? ×

Orange SP210 Cab for £300

Bankai

• 2 weeks later...

Put it on t'bay Bankai.
I put my SP212 on, on Sunday night.
I got offer from BC'er 10 mins after I put it on FEEBay.
10 mins after that, I got an offer on FEEBay.
Nowt much for weeks then 2 in 20 mins.
It's been removed from t'bay, on hold for a BC'er.
Good luck fella, fantastic range.
Karl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey alex :)

can you tell me about the orange sp cabs? I'm interested in the 212 version. I want to be able to take it to band rehearsals, but i dunno if it would be loud enough. I have read some varying reviews on them, some saying they lack power and they are more like 110s than 210s.

If you run 600W into the SP210 and then 600W into an OBC210 and run them side by side you'd find that the proper 210 is louder. This is because with the SP210, you don't hear the second speaker as it is behind the first, what it does do though is seriously meaten up the overall sound so that the response you get is nothing like what you'd expect from a 1x10.

I bought this when I was at uni as I needed something small and lightweight that could still be loud enough for proper gigs. And it is, I've used it without any trouble, especially if you're using a head that's 500/600W like an OBT, you'll find yourself having to turn down. Just remember this thing is tiny so you want to be raising it up a little otherwise you'll be playing to your feet.

[quote name='Bankai' timestamp='1326277228' post='1494697']
If you run 600W into the SP210 and then 600W into an OBC210 and run them side by side you'd find that the proper 210 is louder. This is because with the SP210, you don't hear the second speaker as it is behind the first, what it does do though is seriously meaten up the overall sound so that the response you get is nothing like what you'd expect from a 1x10.

I bought this when I was at uni as I needed something small and lightweight that could still be loud enough for proper gigs. And it is, I've used it without any trouble, especially if you're using a head that's 500/600W like an OBT, you'll find yourself having to turn down. Just remember this thing is tiny so you want to be raising it up a little otherwise you'll be playing to your feet.
[/quote]

Well said,

I use mine at rehearsals and gigs. never on more than a third volume and half gain. I love mine.

• 5 weeks later...