Why become a member? ×

Squier Katana bass

casapete

Squier Katana bass for sale, made in Japan around 1985 / 1986.

Body is probably alder (or possibly basswood?), bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, scale length 32".
Standard Precision pickup/vol/tone/ with side mounted jack socket.
As far as I can tell its pretty much original, with the only apparent alteration being the strapbutton moved from the original location
on the neck plate to just behind the neck joint now.

Bad bits - a few marks / dings (as all angular designs seem to collect), very slightly bent G string tuner ( but works fine etc), the top of the
tone control knob is missing.
Good bits - overall condition okay (for a 25 year old bass!), neck unmarked, frets showing virtually no wear, plays & sounds well
(as you would expect quite 'precisiony') and just restrung with D'Addarios XL170's.

It comes with the original black (long!) case , which is fitted inside to hold the unusual body shape. It has a blue velvet lining
and accessory compartment. The case is in fair condition ('well used' should cover it) but is still functional with all catches working etc.

The bass is fairly light (sorry no way of weighing it at the moment) and balances reasonably well on the strap (probably why
the previous owner moved the neck strap button?).
Was going to use this for a retro project, but am now needing some cash to put towards a new cabinet.
There's a black one on ebay in Germany currently advertised at £495 without a case ( or even strings!), which I think is supremely optimistic.

Was £275 - NOW ON EBAY!! Am wanting a straight cash sale only at the moment thanks, so no trades.
Would prefer collection / meet up , but will consider posting at your expense etc.
The bass is in East Yorkshire, but I do get around a bit with work, so could possibly arrange something.
( during July I'll be in Southport, maybe Brighton, and Poole and Falmouth!)

PM me with your email and can send you some more pics.
Cheers, Pete.

Edited by casapete

Ha ha, this is just like my very first bass ever. I got it because it was the one I could afford in the shop. Some fond memories of my first gigs with this bass. Have a "those were the days" BUMP on me.

[quote name='Krinks' post='1294545' date='Jul 6 2011, 11:49 AM']Why do you havto offer this when I have no money to spent :,(.

Your not interested in trades I guess?

Cheers[/quote]

Not at the moment thanks, need some cash for a new cab!