Why become a member? ×

Rotosound review at Bass Musician Magazine

My latest review is now "LIVE" at Bass Musician Magzine, featuring the inside story from ROTOSOUND !!!
If you have strings on your Instrument, you might just find this interesting.
Hope you enjoy the read and I look forward to hearing your comments my friends... Have yourselves a great weekend eh.
Respects... BISCUIT ;o)

[url="http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2011/07/biscuit%e2%80%99s-bassment-review-on-rotosound/"]http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2011/07/bi...w-on-rotosound/[/url]

Hmmmm. Rotosound.

Their [b]guitar[/b] strings were truly terrible in the late 70s and early 80s, but I had a set a couple of years back (apparently fitted as standard on my JJ goldtop, so I replaced like for like) and the quality seemed much better. Not yet tried the bass strings, but will do soon as they seem to have a good rep.

Thanks. I had a bit of a dip in. I'm finding more and more that a number of articles on these web based 'magazines' seem to lack editing. In the old days column inches were expensive and a magazine editor would cut the copy down to the essential and important parts.

Sure it's nice to read all about how you:

[quote]had been up since the early hours of Monday, 23rd of May, as many a low end tune spun round and round in my mind planting seeds in my head for possible new tracks that I could potentially use and reveal them as proper finished songs at a later date. This meant I needed to record those ideas as soon as possible as they would surely disappear with the arrival of the following dawn. So there I was recording and writing in the wee small hours and onwards into what was to be a very hot Tuesday during that last week of May. While I was working inside on some of those latest idea’s for new material for my solo project, I began wondering just how on earth I was ever going to get things completed with my head on “fire” between those headphones in such heat. I decided it was time for a break, and so I got a coffee and gathered some bass reading material and found a nice cool shady spot in the garden and sat myself down for a well-earned break.[/quote]

but how exactly is that relevant to Rotosound bass string? Sorry but if it's a review of the factory visit just review the factory please. You lost me....

and what's with the CAPS in the thread title?

[quote name='TimR' post='1290320' date='Jul 2 2011, 06:01 PM']Thanks. I had a bit of a dip in. I'm finding more and more that a number of articles on these web based 'magazines' seem to lack editing. In the old days column inches were expensive and a magazine editor would cut the copy down to the essential and important parts.

Sure it's nice to read all about how you:

but how exactly is that relevant to Rotosound bass string? Sorry but if it's a review of the factory visit just review the factory please. You lost me....

and what's with the CAPS in the thread title?[/quote]

+1

Last time I bought rotosounds I had three sets of jazz flats & they were terrible - totally uneven in feel & sound across each set. That was probably ten years ago, so hopefully they've improved since then. I've discovered strings I like much better than theirs which is a bit of a shame as they sound like nice people.

For me it's not the quality of Rotosound that is questionable, more the online mag that put out a "Review" I'm sorry but this isn't a "Review", factory tour and some basic history with "self plugging" maybe. Is this a first, I maybe wrong but does anybody know of product reviews done by endorsees? :) maybe there are...I don't know.