Why become a member? ×

MORE ASHDOWN REDUCTIONS AT SOUND CONTROL

MB1

MB1. :)

more price reductions at sound control on end of stock ashdown gear.
Ashdown Perfect 10 mini rigs now £99
two 10 inch cabs and seperate 65 watt amplifier.headphone and cd input on amp,includes leads.
perfect for home practice and they look cool too,very well made.
AN ABSOLUTE STEAL FOR £99.

[quote name='MB1' post='14684' date='Jun 9 2007, 04:37 PM']MB1. :)

more price reductions at sound control on end of stock ashdown gear.
Ashdown Perfect 10 mini rigs now £99
two 10 inch cabs and seperate 65 watt amplifier.headphone and cd input on amp,includes leads.
perfect for home practice and they look cool too,very well made.
AN ABSOLUTE STEAL FOR £99.[/quote]

I couldn't see this online.

[quote name='MB1' post='14699' date='Jun 9 2007, 05:19 PM']MB1. :)

Go to sound control uk site.
enter ashdown in search box
its on page no 3.[/quote]

ta :huh:

I can't say I'm not tempted. But will it have enough bottom end for Motown....

I might just wait for that badly described valve combo on Ebay I've been looking for - for a nice little home setup.

Thanks again for't' heads up,

p

[quote name='d-basser' post='14731' date='Jun 9 2007, 06:32 PM']Is it possible to seperate the cabs and use them as part of a rig??? i need a little more top end with my TE Ah150 and peavey BW 15" half stack[/quote]

That's really clever. Use it as a practice amp and an OK extension cab on a bigger rig.

Someone on BT had one of these, I don't know if he's moved over though, I'd like to see the back of one.

[quote name='paul, the' post='14708' date='Jun 9 2007, 05:38 PM']I might just wait for that badly described valve combo on Ebay I've been looking for - for a nice little home setup.[/quote]

Fight you for it.

[quote name='Muppet' post='14823' date='Jun 9 2007, 10:16 PM']Fight you for it.[/quote]

--

Did you catch [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WEM-DOMINATOR-BASS-MK1-VALVE-AMP-60-70s_W0QQitemZ300116800375QQihZ020QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]this[/url]?

MB1. :)

Strangely enough the cabs are both 60w 16 ohm with blueline speakers.great little practice amp though and very cool.im suprised at the quality of workmanship it truly is a mini rig,must admit it brings to mind the famous spinal tap moment in stonehenge and for £99 the bank managers happy too.

I was in SC yesterday and i thought it was a mistake when i saw all the mini rigs with the £99 sticker on them.
Ive no use for one but it does seem a good price.
They had hardly any other Ashdown stuff in. a few cabs, a MAG combo and i didnt see any ABM heads.

MB1. be)

Its actually a nice unobtrusive cheap piece of furniture too! so i keep telling her indoors!
sound control seem to be buying up ashdowns discontinued stock.
quickbuck ,fast turnaround, im not complaining!
what can you buy for £99 basswise these days thats guaranteed for a year ?

MB1.

[quote name='MB1' post='15671' date='Jun 11 2007, 02:51 PM']MB1. be)

No news as yet there still catering for very small people and druids!

MB1.[/quote]

Are the cabs any good at handling the lower notes an 11" scale bass can dish out? :)

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='NJW' post='15689' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:13 PM']thats absolutely terrifying. Imagine getting lost in the woods, only to find a huge orgy of dwarves and wizards, all playing bass riffs through ashdown mini stacks, naked, and making magic and stuff.[/quote]

And covered in Taco bell sauce (thats for TB'ers)

[quote name='NJW' post='15689' date='Jun 11 2007, 03:13 PM']thats absolutely terrifying. Imagine getting lost in the woods, only to find a huge orgy of dwarves and wizards, all playing bass riffs through ashdown mini stacks, naked, and making magic and stuff.[/quote]

Imagine? - no need, it's a scene from Ritchie Blackmore's latest video!

[quote name='Hamster' post='15674' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:00 PM']Are the cabs any good at handling the lower notes an 11" scale bass can dish out? :)

Hamster[/quote]

MB1. be)

With ease, and the amp goes to 11 to!

MB1.

[quote name='Hamster' post='15696' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:19 PM']Imagine? - no need, it's a scene from Ritchie Blackmore's latest video![/quote]

MB1. be)

Think youve just entered the grounds to the blackmore estate"ritchie!, get in here now your teas ready!What have i told you about playing with those dwarfs"

MB1.

[quote name='NJW' post='15689' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:13 PM']thats absolutely terrifying. Imagine getting lost in the woods, only to find a huge orgy of dwarves and wizards, all playing bass riffs through ashdown mini stacks, naked, and making magic and stuff.[/quote]

:) Yea, yea. I got 'lost', that's what happened.