Why become a member? ×

For Sale: 70s/80s Acoustic Model 220 Head + 402 Cab

mattwood

Hi All,

I have an Acoustic Model 220 Bass Head and a Model 402 2x15" cab for sale.

I have very little info on this as yet, but I will update with any info I find out about it.

The amp was purchased and owned by a family member back in the day before being stored in a dry garage for a number of years.

I have been using the cab with my Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 Guitar amp head and it works and sounds AWESOME.

The head is fully working as far as I am aware and I will confirm this once I get home (I am currently at work) I will also take pictures and update this advert later tonight.

The amp and cab are in good/fair condition considering their age.

I have literally no idea what they are worth, so my asking prices are:

Head + Cab = £300
220 Head ONLY = £150
402 Cab ONLY = £200

I am also interested in serious offers!

the amp will have to be collected as the combined weight is about 60kg!!!

I am located off of J9 M27, Hampshire

Thanks for looking!

I am available by phone/text on: 07934235994
E-mail me @ [email protected]

[quote name='NJW' post='1269999' date='Jun 15 2011, 01:07 PM']Ooooo now these don't pop up very often. Bump.

I'd totally be into this as a backup for the 'Peg if only it were a little more powerful.[/quote]

Don't be fooled by the relatively low wattage rating matey..... This will eat your Ampeg for breakfast and spit the bits out! It'll sound better too :)

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1270645' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:45 PM']Don't be fooled by the relatively low wattage rating matey..... This will eat your Ampeg for breakfast and spit the bits out! It'll sound better too :)[/quote]

Well.... that's just not true now is it. :lol: :) :D

Sweet Mother of God, that head's practically mint. Got all the slider knobs too. Bargain price for a fairly rare bit of kit, IMO.

I used one of these in a rhsal room for a few months. Best bass sound I [i]ever [/i]had. It would take your head off soon as look at you.

Good luck with your sale. :)

Thanks mate, I don't have enough money at the moment, to be blunt... but if anything changes and you still have it I'll be in touch. I can't imagine this will stay for sale for much longer though...

[quote name='NJW' post='1271420' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:29 PM']Matt, I cant quite make out the writing on the amp in the pictures so could you advice what impedence (ohm) outputs are on the back of the head? Or the impedence of the cab itself.[/quote]

It does say speaker outputs on yours, though for some reason it doesn't on mine....

The amp puts out 125w into 4 ohms and 175 into 2 ohms. It will run happily at 2 ohms. The 402 cab is 4 ohms, 250w rating.

I use my 220 with my 402 and 404 cabs sometimes, which gives me a 2ohm 3x15" stack! Looks and sounds awesome!

[quote name='NJW' post='1271420' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:29 PM']Matt, I cant quite make out the writing on the amp in the pictures so could you advice what impedence (ohm) outputs are on the back of the head? Or the impedence of the cab itself.[/quote]

The cab is 4 ohm, and the amp will go down to 2 ohm

[quote name='NJW' post='1271433' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:34 PM']Thanks mate, I don't have enough money at the moment, to be blunt... but if anything changes and you still have it I'll be in touch. I can't imagine this will stay for sale for much longer though...[/quote]

You could always sell that Ampeg to raise the funds, you'd never use it again anyway after buying this! :) :)