Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just bought this hot looking beast ;)

BASainty

First of all I would like to say its nice to see you all again since I haven't been on here on quite a while so it will be good to speak to you all again =].

Right next on the list is this sexy beast which i just bought today -

Its a 2001 Yamaha TRB-5 II, Its in perfect condition and i mean perfect there isnt a dink or a scratch on it,
it plays perfectly its barely been used and the past owner cared for it well.

I believe new at the time these were around the £800 mark ... I gave the guy £350 which i thought was the bargain of the century!

Any thoughts or comments?

yep..i had the 6 string version in blue.. it is possibly the best made bass ive ever played... i cant say enough how good these basses are for what price you pay... it felt better than the Sadowsky i had and it was a third of the price.. and what a tone.. clarity, punch, growl... i GAS for another one.... or the later 5 strings.. yep im GASSING..

Yamaha really know how to make an electric bass.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='4StringFortress' post='1265379' date='Jun 11 2011, 09:07 PM']Exactly they dont understand!

Do you think I got a good bit of wood there for the money?

Coz to be honest I think I have.[/quote]
yep you did...Yamaha are very good at producing a bass with top notch electronics and build quality.. when i had my TRB 6 II (which is the same as this but a 6) i would not have swapped the pups or electronics for any thing else and im picky... it was perfect... bad ass bass..

Yeh I know what you mean I love Yamaha basses ... as you may of noticed in my signature =P

Edit - Any suggestions on what strings to put on it? I love Bass Centre Elites they work amazingly on my RBX 374 but any other suggestions?

Edited by 4StringFortress

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1266616' date='Jun 12 2011, 08:55 PM']Are going to have to get a new profile with a different user name? :)

Is it neck through?

Either way great buy, and the price is a bonus! I'm gassing for a TRB1006J / TRB 6II ! Though am on a bass buying ban and i need a new amp and i'm skint, but just looking won't hurt... :)[/quote]

Lol i never thought of that you have a good point =P

And no its bolt on (which to be honest I favour) i find i have more stability with bolt ons and its built like a tank lol.

Yeh i was extremely lucky to come across one in perfect condition and at such a good price too, you never know one day you might get one you could get lucky too =P

[quote name='charic' post='1267116' date='Jun 13 2011, 11:21 AM']Sorry I meant prosteels (still daddario though)

I like them, good bright aggressive tone. Life isn't bad either[/quote]

I might check them out to be honest im looking for something less aggressive but not as smooth as flat wound strings.