Why become a member? ×

Spotted an amp in a junk shop

mentalextra

I was coming home from work just outside Colchester tonight and while trying to find a town in essex with a working cash point, happened upon one of those shops that sells old 35mm cameras and watches. He had some old records and tucked in the corner of the shop window was an amp. Laney linebacker 30. Looked OK. Price label said £70. Worth going back for it do you think? Might offer him £50?

[quote name='mentalextra' post='1263315' date='Jun 9 2011, 09:34 PM']I was coming home from work just outside Colchester tonight and while trying to find a town in essex with a working cash point, happened upon one of those shops that sells old 35mm cameras and watches. He had some old records and tucked in the corner of the shop window was an amp. Laney linebacker 30. Looked OK. Price label said £70. Worth going back for it do you think? Might offer him £50?[/quote]

see if he will offer you £50 to take it off his hands!

[quote name='ahpook' post='1263338' date='Jun 9 2011, 09:56 PM']my first amp was an 80's linebacker 30 :)

not a great amp iirc - very boxy sounding, but fine for noodling.

i'd say even £50 is steep[/quote]

Fair enough it can stay there. Its over an hour drive back. :)

[quote name='bartelby' post='1264253' date='Jun 10 2011, 06:46 PM']I couldn't even give one of those away a while back. It ended up down the tip.[/quote]

My local tip said I had to take mine home with me as it was too crappy

[quote name='mentalextra' post='1263331' date='Jun 9 2011, 09:50 PM']Are they crap?[/quote]

I dont think I would ever go to any excess of saying something is crap as everyone has different views on what gear should do. However there may be other practise amps that would be better valueat that price :)