Why become a member? ×

1967 Gibson EB-2

99ster

[b]*** SOLD ***[/b]

[u][b]For sale: 1967 Gibson EB-2[/b][/u]

All original - apart from the chrome hand-rest & the pickguard ([i]the two bits that everyone used to take off & lose[/i]) which are accurate repro parts. In great condition - no neck breaks, no nonsense & complete with its original Gibson hard case. The adjustable bridge mute is in perfect working order. Set-up to perfection by Andy Viccars - plays beautifully! With a massive tone & output from that big old humbucker - that will shake your walls down! And that's before you hit the baritone button! :)

Looking for a quick sale as something very specific has become available that I need to move on sharpish...so grab a bargain for just [b]£1,400[/b].

[b]Trades[/b] - also consider trades - especially for a nice 3/4 double bass...

Collection preferred (I live near J10 of the M40). But can post if required.

[attachment=82129:67_eb2_full_front.jpg]
[attachment=82128:67_eb2_full_back.jpg]
[attachment=82127:67_eb2_cased.jpg]
[attachment=82126:67_eb2_body.jpg]
[attachment=82125:67_eb2_body_angle.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='Jigster' post='1261690' date='Jun 8 2011, 07:39 PM']Beauty.

Do these feedback like a bast*rd at high volume?

Always wondered how the bass player in Black Rebel Motorcycle Club copes..[/quote]

No feedback, solid centre block. Had a 58 EB2 many moons ago. Regret selling it, in 1974 it cost me £80.

This one looks absolutely super.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1261696' date='Jun 8 2011, 07:43 PM']Are hollowbodies known for feedback?????[/quote]

Hollow bodies are more susceptible to feedback. But sensitive playing position in relation to amp and careful eq should minimise this. This looks a superb example of a fine instrument. Good luck with the sale.

Paul.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1261677' date='Jun 8 2011, 07:29 PM']Who is Andy Viccars ?[/quote]

There you go [url="http://www.andyviccarscustom.co.uk/"]Andy Viccars Web Site[/url].

Sorted out my Fender Mustang Bass for me, great job, nice bloke - Milton Keynes based.

Oggy :)

In answer to the two questions (many thanks for the replies posted already)...

[b]Andy Viccars?[/b]
Not far off a legend on this forum - if he's worked on a bass then it will be set-up about as good as it could ever be. Which is why I mentioned that in the OP.

[b]Feedback? [/b]
An EB-2 is essentially the bass equivalent of the classic Gibson 335 - a semi-acoustic electric highly valued, for amongst other things, precisely because it doesn't suffer from feedback problems at high volume. It has a centre block inside the body that prevents the resonance that can cause feedback in semi-acoustic guitars.

Thanks for looking at my bass!

[quote name='ShaunB' post='1263764' date='Jun 10 2011, 11:35 AM']...had one of these 30 years ago... had a bass boost button. Blew 4 Celestions in one hit!

Those were the days... :)

Have a bump for a gorgeous piece of wood.

SB[/quote]

Yes - this one has the famous 'baritone' button...it already delivers loads of BASS - then press the button & you get even more!
:)

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='1269633' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:21 AM']Nudge back up the page - still available...[/quote]
I have seen and noodled on this bass, it's amazing, top chap too. Just relieved Jim of his T-Bird, am collecting it later.

Will post proper feedback in the right place later....!

NBD bump from me!!!

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='farmer61' post='1269640' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:32 AM']I have seen and noodled on this bass, it's amazing, top chap too. Just relieved Jim of his T-Bird, am collecting it later.

Will post proper feedback in the right place later....!

NBD bump from me!!![/quote]

Thanks Julian - see you later...