Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ibanez Roadster RS924

mojobass

Lovely bass to be honest, a close descendant of the Musician MC924 model although much cheaper at the time, to a collector it can be worth as much £400 £450 but unfortunately the market at large has not shown much interest and they could be seen going on ebay as cheap as £150 to £200

These are really nice basses. :)

Values go up and down on a lot of Classic Ibanez and Aria - Fashion/Fad thing
but I have yet to come across a bad one.

I would hang on to it - if you hit a bad day and only get £200 for it - you would
really struggle to get anything close for that money.

They do reach quite a bit higher, when the Ibanez fashion comes round again
Keep it!

[url="http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.com/2010/09/ibanez-old-and-new.html"]My RS 924[/url]

I also have the fretless version, which is luvverly!

Cheers. :)

• 7 months later...

I have seen a few Ibanez Roadsters about recently and I'm confused as to their model numbers. I've seen some RS840s that look the same as RS924s and the internet is so full of information that I can't find out if this is due to mis-listing or what the difference is. There is a poster out there with all the models on it, but I can only find a really small version which I can't read! Any help?

My fretless roadster is solid black, maple neck, but with only one control cavity at the back. Flat Erik you have two covers on the back, is one a battery? Is that original? Mine is passive, though I don't know if it's original electronics.

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1327447155' post='1511559']
My fretless roadster is solid black, maple neck, but with only one control cavity at the back. Flat Erik you have two covers on the back, is one a battery? Is that original? Mine is passive, though I don't know if it's original electronics.
[/quote]

If it has one P and one J - 2 Vol, 2 Tone and a selector switch, it is likely to be an RS824.

I have a fretted one - nice.

That's the controls, it is a lovely bass to play, it cost me €60 in Smack Generators at home in Ireland about 10 years ago. Seems really cheap now, but I was in Uni when I bought it, and I payed it off in installments, I was totally broke, but I loved it as soon as I tried it.

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1327436618' post='1511257']
Almost all Ibanez Basses of that period, are great basses.

Which one are you after??

[/quote]
Sorry, misunderstanding. I'm not necessarily after one, although if I saw one I might be tempted. I was just wondering what the difference is between the 924 and 840. There's an 840 on ebay which looks very like a 924 on basschat. So it was idle curiosity. Perhaps they are made of different woods?

Mmm, not sure about an 840???

RS824???

RS924 is Active, with a 2 band EQ and the 824 is passive.

Both really great basses - £ for £, way better than a lot of the "run of the mill" stuff.

Get one - those in "the Know" will know what I mean.

Seem to remember, Steve Harris was an 824 player, along with other well known players.

Go fo it!!

Blow Musicians and Roadsters, get a Blazer! I'm shifting my other basses and I'm gonna grab another Blazer the second one comes up for sale!

Truckstop

edit: Flateric, if you come across a Blazer that either you want to sell or don't want to buy, could you send a PM my way please? I'll have it!

Edited by Truckstop

i got the 840 from this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-Roadster-Not-Roadstar-RS840-Bass-Classic-and-Rare-/280809729853?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4161906f3d#ht_1416wt_1187

maybe it's a mistake.

I have a blazer that i made from bits. Unfortunately couldn't find any heart shaped tuners at the time, but I use it for the main project and it honks like Humph

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1327576567' post='1513514']
Blow Musicians and Roadsters, get a Blazer! I'm shifting my other basses and I'm gonna grab another Blazer the second one comes up for sale!

Truckstop

edit: Flateric, if you come across a Blazer that either you want to sell or don't want to buy, could you send a PM my way please? I'll have it!
[/quote]

And if Truckstop doesn't have it, I will! My Blazer has now taken over from my USA P and my USA G&L L2000 as my main gig bass, mainly because I can get the Blazer to cut through a noisy band mix more effectively. At rehearsal last week, we A/B/C'd the 3 basses and the band collectively voted the Blazer the best. Pity it's red, though.

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1327594226' post='1513954']
And if Truckstop doesn't have it, I will! My Blazer has now taken over from my USA P and my USA G&L L2000 as my main gig bass, mainly because I can get the Blazer to cut through a noisy band mix more effectively. At rehearsal last week, we A/B/C'd the 3 basses and the band collectively voted the Blazer the best. Pity it's red, though.
[/quote]

I've found a Blazer for sale for £200! Includes hardcase, lead and stand. One small problem, however...

[url="http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-musical-instruments-guitars-guitar-amps-Ibanez-Bass-guitar-W0QQAdIdZ348231669"]http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-musical-instruments-guitars-guitar-amps-Ibanez-Bass-guitar-W0QQAdIdZ348231669[/url]