Why become a member? ×

FT/FS: 1989 Musicman Stingray

mathewsanchez

Once again contemplating letting this go, but once again my conditions for parting with it are slightly unrealistically specific and optimistic (because I don't really want to let it go).

Basically I really want a fretless but i'm specifically after a late 70s Fender Precision or Jazz (might possibly consider a Victor Bailey fretless or a fretless Musicman). I'd be happy to pay a cash adjustment if the right trade is worth a bit more.

As far as a sale goes i'd only let it go for £950 collected but a trade would be ideal. (for a trade i'd be willing to meet half way or for a sale pick up can be from Suffolk or Liverpool)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1241089' date='May 23 2011, 01:57 AM']Thats what late 80's Rays are all about. :) Nice bass.[/quote]
Awesome! I know I have said it before but in a few years time these will be in the do you remember when they were only £950 category, I'm certain of it :) I'm going to get one when the funds allow.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1242479' date='May 23 2011, 11:53 PM']Awesome! I know I have said it before but in a few years time these will be in the do you remember when they were only £950 category, I'm certain of it :) I'm going to get one when the funds allow.[/quote]

I know, not making it any easier to let it go. :)

Not sure about having it defretted, i'd rather not mess with it.

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='1242926' date='May 24 2011, 01:34 PM']I know, not making it any easier to let it go. :)

Not sure about having it defretted, i'd rather not mess with it.[/quote]

It's a shame you are after a fretless.
Very nice ray.

Why don't you just obtain a second neck and defret that, then you still have the original for re-sale.