Why become a member? ×

EddyGlee

i use one of these with the swr 6x10 for my bigger gigs and it really is the muts nuts.
liked it that much i got an extra fan fitted.
great solid clear sounding amp.
if you play funk and want them solid notes to jump out, then this is the jobby.

[quote name='EddyGlee' post='1241905' date='May 23 2011, 05:15 PM']Bump

why no interest for this amazing amp? :) can anyone explain? :)[/quote]

err.. no. baffling, IMV.

Goliath cabs are great cabs IMO/IME. A one cab solution for most gigs bar large stages..and you just add another.

I've been on the lookout for another amp but I have a SM400 which I have had for 20 years so I know it is a great, classic, IMV, amp.
I don't know how the newer stuff compares but the older ones were over-specced which made them bomb-proof, IMO.

I would have an SM500 in a shot on the basis of what I know but it isn't a sufficient enough upgrade over what I have so I would be looking at the SM900 if anything.

A valve pre is a must, IMV..so no, I can't think why some amps go over this one...fashion, herd mentality..??
They say the markbass LM lll is a good alternative but not to my ears.

SWR and a Jazz is CLASSIC and there isn't much like it, IMV

This is the amp..or its forerunner, that put paid to TE amps, IMV.

I just discovered SWR after 20 odd years of playing. I've had everything from Epifani to Markbass, and the SWR is my favourite.
I think it's a fashion thing. TC seems to be the current hot favourite. Though the cabs, in my opinion are nowhere near as good as the SWR cabs. Mine is 15 plus years old, I really doubt the TC ones will still be going strong in 15 years with that awful finish.

Bump for a great rig.

• 2 weeks later...

How much do you want for them? might help someone willing to trade too to give an idea of value! I've got a goliath 4x10 too and they are awesome! I'd love an SWR head to go with it but haven't go the funds right now. Unless you're willing to swap for an Epiphone thunderbird pro IV ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='EddyGlee' post='1276972' date='Jun 21 2011, 12:56 PM']I think the worlds gone mad :) .. this is one of the greatest rigs .. that will happily live on any stage in the world .. its ungigged in awesome condition and at a 3rd of the retail price ! .. doubt they'll ever be a better deal.

I know fashion has currently got everyone skipping around with class D in there handbags :lol: .. but seriously :) .. someone surely wants a proper bass rig of this quality .. especially at this price and condition ?

bump .. one mo' time for Elvis :D[/quote]

Hi there,
noticed these have been up for a while together and separatley. I dont know anything about them but it looks really nice stuff saw JPJ playing a precision through a similar set up on Jools Holland with SSS.
Is this just a cash sale now or can you remind us of any particular trades you will consider
regards
Keith M