Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Amp Day: TC RH750

Prime_BASS

Been blasting it all day.
And I'm loving it's cleanness and high end.

Running it flat it's got more bass than the Markbass LMTube (good comparison as it's roughly the sane price)

After all that fussing over tube pre, I don't know what I was worried about, it's got plenty "dynamics" and that's with out any tubetone.

It's all very usuable and the spectracomps lights make it very informative.

Best bass head ever... Well it has my vote anyway.
Pics to follow!

[quote name='Muppet' post='1237179' date='May 19 2011, 05:56 PM']How's the weight? :)

Glad you're getting on OK with it! See, no need to have worried!!

Steve[/quote]

lol.
its fine I guess, could wiegh less....

in all fairness with all the added crap I needed to power a compressor and a tuner I'm saving weight now.

[attachment=80427:Picture_003.jpg]
whoop
[attachment=80429:Picture_005.jpg]

[quote name='lojo' post='1237215' date='May 19 2011, 06:24 PM']Wont these amps push the TC cabs to the limit ?[/quote]

The 210/212 are rated for 400w each, so 800W. So, you are probably advised not to cain the volume on full all the time, but I doubt you'd need to. The sheer height of them stacked usually means I'm turning down quite a lot.

Edited by Musicman20

Indeed. More watts to me just means than you are reaching the maximum volume displacement(if that's the right term) sooner on the master volume.

The 750 with one TC cab would be outputting around 400watts and I'm sure they would sell something and say it can be used with current cabs if they have the potential to over load them.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1237878' date='May 20 2011, 10:42 AM']The 750 with one TC cab would be outputting around 400watts and I'm sure they would sell something and say it can be used with current cabs if they have the potential to over load them.[/quote]
I've heard there is some intelligent thing going on between a TC head and TC cab(s), in so far the the amp recognises when a TC cab is connected and boosts or reduces power. Hence 3 8ohm TC cabs can be used. Does not work for non TC cabs.
I could be talking rubbish but came from a source who sells the gear.

[quote name='therose789' post='1238067' date='May 20 2011, 12:43 PM']that stingray is lovely![/quote]

Mine? If so, it's the only bass I've had longer than a year and I dont even have a a thought about possibly selling, I don't think anyone would want it do to cosmetic damage but it sounds amazing, best ray ever, but I'm biased.

I just want to comment on the spectracomp.
Even though it is built in and a 1 knob job, it's the best compressor I've ever tried. The LEDs gives you so much info; weather you are adding to much compression or not enough, when it's compressing, when it's not. It's great!
To set the right amount of compression. Ifi can video it and upload I'll post a link as it's very clever. It also doesn't kill the high end when compressing the lows keeping dynamics and importantly your sound intact.

Very amazing head.

Hope you start enjoying yours G as much as I am mine.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1242509' date='May 24 2011, 12:39 AM']I get to use this setup this Friday at rehearsal so will get a chance to hear it at volume with the guys. Looking forward to it.

I'm surprised they haven't taken this 1 knob spectracomp and put it in a pedal, keeping the LEDs.[/quote]

The compression is probably very dependent on getting the right level in the signal chain first using the amp gain, so not really suitable for a pedal unless you put in other controls like gain, or threshold adjustment. Still, a 2 knob compressor would be good (my Markbass one has 5!)