Why become a member? ×

The Doors

metalmaniac

Jerry Scheff played on L.A Woman stuff. Here is what he says on his web page,

"Right about this time I got a call to do an album with "The Doors." We spent six weeks in the studio recording "L.A. Woman" Which turned out to be their last album. They had always used keyboard bass live, after we finished LA Woman I was approached about joining the group. Jim Morrison went to Paris and died. One of those things!"

[quote name='beerdragon' post='141763' date='Feb 17 2008, 12:56 AM']Some of the Doors bass parts were played by Doug Lubahn. a bit of a myth that the keyboard player the bass lines.
[url="http://www.douglubahn.com/"]http://www.douglubahn.com/[/url][/quote]

Having read some of the excerpts from that book, I don't think I'll be buying it. Some of the most cliche-ridden ghost-writing I've ever seen!

:)

Yep, basically as has been said - studio tracks may contain genuine electric bass guitar parts provided by session players, but not all. AFAIK all live work was done with just the 4 members plus occasional guests on the odd song and none of them were bass players, so Manzarak was playing bass with his left hand on the live stuff. I think he sometimes used foot pedals a bit when he had both hands busy, pretty good musician actually. Krieger's a better guitarist than most people think as well.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='143200' date='Feb 19 2008, 05:07 PM']Krieger was an amazingly diverse self taught Guitarist.
I mean the Doors were just a brilliant band.
Shame Jim Morrison died.[/quote]

They could l do a Queen with Paul Rodgers and invite Van M to do the Jim M part.
He's still a sex god, of course, which is one up on Jim :)

:huh: ;) ;) :huh: ;)