Why become a member? ×

BassChat IRL

Bankai

Well I've had a few days now with the newly acquired Fender P-Bass I bought off jackers. We were to meet at Southampton train station and not having completed an in-person purchase before I was not sure of the custom but our meeting went a little something like this:

I walk round the corner to find a guy with a guitar case, I too have a guitar case.
We stare, ala mexican standoff then simply
"Basschat?"
"Basschat."
[20 minutes high-speed bass talk in public]

The people in the waiting room must have been so confused.

Also greatest moment; literally the moment he hands me his bass, I plant the headstock straight into the wall. Great start...

[quote name='Bankai' post='1227249' date='May 11 2011, 10:35 AM']Also greatest moment; literally the moment he hands me his bass, I plant the headstock straight into the wall. Great start...[/quote]
Did you ask for a discount due the the headstock damage?
:)

[quote name='Bankai' post='1227249' date='May 11 2011, 10:35 AM']Also greatest moment; literally the moment he hands me his bass, I plant the headstock straight into the wall. Great start...[/quote]
Doing the relic'ing yourself then?

"[20 minutes of high speed bass talk in public]"

...and this is why basschat sales are so much more enjoyable than e-bay.

Three or four times I've had 'chatter 'round my place, picking up the item of equipment in question, but then playing every one of my basses, shooting the breeze, having a cup of tea.